Air Products

Air Products Employee Reviews

Worked there for 12 years. Survived several reductions in staff. Company values engineering. Has good technical ladder offering advancement without having to move over to the business area.
Pros
Values engineering
Cons
Tough to get capital for improvements
Give you plenty of rules to abide by and this is OK until you say no to doing extra shifts or change in routine and then they change the rules to suit their reason to trap you into a reason to get rid! Very poor local and regional management who have no idea how to do your job and worse still their own! Change the management attitude to drivers and job would be sound! But that will never happen!
Pros
Clean work
Cons
Shift patterns are garbage and dangerous, short turn around from nights to day!
Badly run company , with bad working conditions pigeons in warehouse, holes on warehouse floor. Very dangerous an unsafe would not reccomend this job
Pros
Cons
Bad working conditions
As a shift supervisor for over 25 years I felt I would be an AP member until retirement,but I did not envisage the restructuring/ cost cutting. We were served redundancy notice very poorly, I found out from a fellow worker about it as I started the night shift. The process dragged on for 18 months, the new positions were advertised to try and force us in to applying for the new day roles which included a 24 hour call out system.The area manager was late for the consultation meeting,the closing date for the new role`s were the same date we finally meet with HR. Glad to be away from what was an excellent job but became a total nightmare.
Pros
good wage
Cons
poor management
Worked there for 32 months and didn’t really have a good home work balance. Worked all holidays with no weekends off. Bid only every 6 months and might get lucky to change start time if no one wants a different start with days off. Trucks are new but are slow can’t even get thru an intersection without light turning red on you. Trucks have beepers and buzzers that tell you how to drive.
Pros
Good vacation
Cons
No balance at home. A lot of hours
Fico na segurança, rentabilidade e diversidade. Excelente ambiente profissional.
Pros
Previdência privada.
Cons
Não há contras
If you kiss behind and brown nose, this is definitely the place for you. Your skill level doesn't matter, if you work unlimited overtime it doesn't matter, if you have experience in a certain area(i.e. schooling, welding, etc. ) they will pick someone with no relatable knowledge instead of you. Prepare to be judged unfairly 100%. Don't waste your life working here, stressed, and giving all you've got to be looked over. They push through unskilled employees in their welding program as well as anything else there and hold back ones that prove themselves, its a sad place filled with snakes. Had high hopes for this company, but prepared to be let down. The positive reviews are either only from Pennsylvania or have been told by someone at Port Manatee to write a good one. NO job security either FYI. Bold Faced lies about MANY things right from the start. Was sworn to and promised certain things and were never met or even somewhat amused. Make them rich, that's all that matters.
Pros
Uniforms and free lunch sometimes.
Cons
Too many to list....
Management catastrophique. Les chefs dirigent dans la force et le harcèlement. Ambiance très mauvaise. La direction ne fait rien contre ces personnes.Aucune évolution de carrière possible.Locaux vetustes.
Pros
Certains postes intéressants
Cons
Management catastrophique
Very good company to work for! I would Recommend Air Products to anyone. The manager at the Odessa, Texas facility is the best I have ever worked for.
They have policies for color discrimination, origin discrimination etc...... but they have all kind of partiality , all discrimination - Color, origin, Gender, No value will be providing for those who work sincerely and hard worker, only partiality on influenced one.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Not secured
Air products is one of the good old boy upper management teams. They hire minorities and women to look good. But in practice, if you try to develop an inclusive work area, the push you out.
Pros
Good people at the plant level.
Cons
Upper management is anti Diversity
I worked there more than six months but i have experience, i learn many things there, it was awesome to work there, even now if they can give me another time i can go there.
Pros
You carry your own food
Pay and benefits are great. Hours of work are also good all the overtime u can work . Easy work.The people and management are are the issue they been hiring alot of kids out of school that are immature and make the shift hard to get through. Managment seems not to care as long as work is done alot of reworking things do to the kids doing thing wrong. Management plays alot of favoritism.
Pros
Payed lunch and benefits
Cons
Co workers and management skill level
I was given a job to support a 2 year contract. I loved the culture, management, and benefits. I was given every thing (stuff and training) to do my job. Best balance of safety/production I’ve ever seen. I hope I get another opportunity some day.
Cons
Ok for those candidate who r not permanent employee till date. 1. Aker pune politics in piping dep. 2. Unprofessional engineer s in Piping Department.many management seniors terminated in one day due to unfropssional behavior 3. Work quality and knowledge of seniors are very poor/ D grade piping engineers.
Empresa tem salário e pacote de benefícios bons, porém ambiente de trabalho é péssimo. Treinamento deficiente, suporte ineficiente. Quando ocorrem problemas na planta a culpa sempre cai no operador (mesmo que ele tenha pouco treinamento ou nenhum suporte).
Pros
Bom salário e benefícios
Cons
Ambiente de trabalho péssimo
Great place to work. Gotta be a good driver and work safe. Fantastic equipment 33 years and then I retired . Enjoyed top pay with benefits and pension. Safety bonus 4 times a year. Uniforms and boots supplied
Pros
Top notch equipment. The best in the business. Top pay and benefits. Average pension. A solid 401 K.
Cons
70 hr work week. Start times based on seniority. Took 24 years to be Monday to Friday
Worked at a small HyCo plant. Good team and a lot of autonomy. Very inclusive culture and everyone was more than willing to share their knowledge and experience. Was going to be transferred to Houston which wasn't for me so I left for another opportunity.
Pros
Great company culture and a lot of tenured, knowledgeable staff.
Cons
Higher cost to healthcare benefits than I would've liked.
If you are planning to come to this area/this company for work, look elsewhere. New ideas are shut down immediately. New people are forced to fit into the old local mold. I regret accepting the offer from this company. I am currently looking for new positions but pandemic is not helping the situation :(
Pros
nothing
Cons
boring job, too much pressure to fit in to the herd, bad benefits
Working at air products was a great experience. The business culture there was very professional, the pay and benefits were great. Management took care of personal issues that arose. Dispatchers were typical to deal with, just wanted to take care of customer base.
Good pay as an intern. Make sure the industry is interesting to you before joining. People are really friendly but job advancement opportunities are unclear.
  1. Employee Reviews