Armanino LLP

Armanino LLP Employee Reviews

Individuals are valued here

Wonderful firm. The culture is great , it’s easy to move into other positions within the firm of you want to. People are valued here and appreciated for their differences and what they bring to the table

Lots of great people who live their work!

Great potential and great people. Some partners are hard working, thought leaders, encouraging the team and doing the work. Some others partners have big voices, big personalities and talk over anyone with a different opinion. I think the good partners will eventually have more success as the company grows and the antiquated opinions are out voted.

Pros

Lots of great people who want Armanino to succeed

Cons

Some leaders are in the stone ages with their vision, but have a big voice and influence

poor management and favoritism. lack of priorities

management has strong favoritism to yes Sayers. no work life balance. poor management top down. people are generally unhappy but scared to speak up. bad culture

Great place to work. Great advancement opportunities

I've worked with Armanino for two years now and my manager is a great person. She makes sure that my issues are taken care of immediately. We work together on several projects also, that really excites me.

Great place to start

- good work life balance- exposure to multiple industries - variety of client work- trainings twice a year- efforts to support staff and new hires

Pros

Room to grow

Cons

Low staff

Great place if you know the right people

Much of the experience at Armanino is based on which office you're in and who you know. I, unfortunately, was not in the best office and did not have many of my managers fighting for me. A lot of what went on at the firm was based on if people like you, not on merit. Granted people would of course like it if you're doing a good job. However, there is no standard of what "doing well" is and it's not the ultimate measure when seeking to promote. Basically, you just have to learn how to get on people's good side if you want to succeed at the company.

Pros

I've seen many people get second chances at accounting at the firm

Cons

Bias and no clear standards

Bad culture

Although the compensation was okay, but overall not a good place to work at. No support from the upper management and too much politics. No work life balance and very stressful work.

Tough to criticize management

management is not in touch with their team and does not check in or give positive feedback...EVER. There isn't a built-in system for giving upward criticism, so the lower levels of staff just have to bite their tongues.

good company, still public accounting

You will be expected to work long hours during busy season. Overall, the culture of the company is quite nice and senior management sets a nice tone that flows down to the staff level. Some engagements are better than others...

Average Accounting Firm

There are good opportunities for advancement.But there is also a lot of favoritism and nepotism--kind of reminded me of a college frat. They do have some pretty reputable clients as well.

Pros

Fast advancement

Cons

No work life balance, not so good company culture

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Armanino LLP?

Smaller than they think they are

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Armanino LLP is ok in the slow season. Fall busy season is surprisingly busy for such a small firm. There is Unlimited PTO, but with strict PTO blackout dates and a very rigid and unclear system for approval. Sometimes you feel guilty for taking PTO.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Armanino LLP are good. Pay is actually decent and health insurance is really cheap if you're single. Add on a spouse or dependent, and the cost shoots through the roof. You might as well just buy insurance yourself.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Armanino LLP, I think it's ok. A decent amount of layoffs during COVID, although it wasn't well communicated by leadership. Outside of COVID, it's pretty good job security as it usually is in public accounting. Advancement is a bit slow, and when you do get promoted, it's basically a pay raise and new title, but the responsibilities barely change. If you're in tax, you'll be preparing returns for a lot longer than you would if you were at a different firm.ManagementIn general, managers at Armanino LLP, good at providing lip service at making you feel empowered, but at the end of the day, all that matters is billable hours. Micromanaging, especially since COVID, is a little nutsCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Armanino LLP is solidOverallMy experience working at Armanino LLP has been disappointing. When you interview, they make it seem like they're some cutting edge accounting firm but the reality is they are way behind their competitors. Other firms of the same size -

Comfortable no place to work friendly workers

This is a state of the art facility all latest equipment PCs and Macs all running latest software. I enjoy supporting the And users and mentoring users the best of my ability to help them you lies equipment to support their needs in their positions

Pros

Free lunch on Friday

Great Place To Work

I really thought I'd ride out into the sunset here. The people are smart, positive, and overall fantastic. Unfortunately I was last one in, and had to be first one out in my group due to COVID-19 cuts. No hard feelings though

Good company.

Definitely a large and productive company with lots of perks like free snacks and multiple events. People are great to work with. I have made a lot of friends since starting at this company.

Best Accounting Firm Culture

I interned at Armanino for the past summer and had an extremely successful learning experience. Work hours are flexible. Management is extremely supportive and coworkers are incredibly helpful. Armanino focuses on team building and having an inclusive work culture.

Great people and a lot of work

I enjoyed working at Armanino mainly do to the people, however there were long hours and travel. You learn a tone about auditing as they have various clients in every industry however some days the long working hours can take a tole.

Pros

Fun games with co workers and great work experience

Cons

long working hours

Productive and fun workplace

People are great to work with. I have made a lot of friends since starting at this company. Company culture is one of the best I've ever experienced. Highly recommend working here.

Not a place to build a career

Definitely a large and productive company with lots of perks like free snacks and multiple events, but overall no real advancement opportunity unless you're a specific type they're looking for.

Friendly and fun work culture.

Armanino is a forward thinking innovative accounting firm. Lots of training opportunities and career advancement. Worked in teams a lot with other wickedly smart associates.

Review

The company offers good training through in house sponsored classes, so there's a lot of opportunity to learn. There's also plenty of on the job learning.

Relaxed and supportive environment.

The environment is very friendly and encouraging. I would highly recommend working there to anyone and everyone. I helped run the day to day aspects of the office. The management was very helpful in teaching me how to complete new tasks well. The hardest part was dealing with a couple of the firm's partners, but people, for the most part, were honestly very fun people to be around.

Pros

Free lunches, lots of fun office competitions, lots of incentives.

Cons

Sometimes a little overstaffed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Armanino LLP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Armanino LLP
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?