Bali
Bali Employee Review

Enjoyable people to work with

22 January 2020
After a couple of weeks of staying in a bed & breakfast in Bali, the owner offered me a job, which for the experience I accepted. It consisted on helping in the kitchen, serving breakfast to guests, helping them with information regarding the area, and helping the team do a more efficient job with the cleaning, service and orderliness of the place.
6 October 2017
Same role
Waiter (Former Employee) - Seminyak, Bali
Working at La Lucciola included working usually 6 hours shifts depending on whether it was high or low season. It was very influencial in the sense that I got to meet a lot of variety of customers on holiday and it was always great to be able to talk to them and wait their tables. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
5 November 2017
Same location
REGIONAL FOOD AND BEVERAGE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) - Ubud
So many hospitality opportunities in Bali, especially for Expats with professional skills. Compensation for expats are mostly great, especially benefits. However, advancement and level of professionalism in management is still below par.
Additionally, local infrastructure, while adequate, can do much better, but local bureaucracies impede much of the progress.
Pros
Working in Paradise
Cons
Lacking modernized infrastructure
19 April 2017
Same location
Externship (Former Employee) - Ubud
Taught English at Local Schools In Ubud in the island of Bali, Indonesia. The typical work day was from 9 am till 3 pm. I learned a lot about people, Balinese culture, how to manage children in the work setting.