Bali
Bali Employee Review

Volunteer Experience

19 April 2017
Taught English at Local Schools In Ubud in the island of Bali, Indonesia. The typical work day was from 9 am till 3 pm. I learned a lot about people, Balinese culture, how to manage children in the work setting.
22 January 2020
Same location
Server, Ons Bed & Breakfast (Former Employee) - Ubud, Bali
After a couple of weeks of staying in a bed & breakfast in Bali, the owner offered me a job, which for the experience I accepted. It consisted on helping in the kitchen, serving breakfast to guests, helping them with information regarding the area, and helping the team do a more efficient job with the cleaning, service and orderliness of the place.
5 November 2017
Same location
REGIONAL FOOD AND BEVERAGE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) - Ubud
So many hospitality opportunities in Bali, especially for Expats with professional skills. Compensation for expats are mostly great, especially benefits. However, advancement and level of professionalism in management is still below par.
Additionally, local infrastructure, while adequate, can do much better, but local bureaucracies impede much of the progress.
Pros
Working in Paradise
Cons
Lacking modernized infrastructure
28 March 2020
Projet Freelance Villa Namaste (Former Employee) - ID
I worked for my self but has a good relationship with the client, who trusted me fully, which made the experience amazing. I was on site everyday to make sure the project was going as planned, there was some struggle with the workers but none with the client.