BDO

BDO Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,569 reviews

Large Company with Big Ideas

BDO was great in how they structured their company. Very organized. Everyone knew their role on the team. It could become challenging at times as communication was at times difficult for me to recieve from the Partners I supported. At the time they were going through a merger which kept them very busy. I learned a lot from this group.

Few accounting firm who doesnt look their employees as a number

Overall good. Smaller than big 4, smaller clients, but they care their employees lot more than how big 4 does. Learn lots of technical things, less interesting industry.

Profit-orientated environment

The firm is profit-orientated. it's a great learning opportunity for those who a little or no experience. I would not advise anyone to stay once they doe with their articles as there not much room for growth. The firm does not believe in promoting from within.

Ambiente di lavoro serio

Ottima esperienza, un'azienda serie che tratta i dipendenti con rispetto.

Too much stress

No respect. They will give you jobs you aren't qualified or trained to do. And if you point that out they think you are pushing back. If you ask more than one question it's considered talking back.

Ambiente lavorativo stimolante

Buon ambiente lavorativo, stimolante a tratti/progetti.

Low Salary

The salaries are not fairly distributed, where individuals are not payed well and some are over payed. At the end of it they hire a lot of staff and you become just a number for them.

Respeto y tolerancia

Es una excelente empresa y puedes escalar a medida del tiempo

Buen ambiente laboral

Empresa pequeña con buen ambiente laboral y equilibrio entre vida personal y profesional.

Pros

Buen equilibrio de vida laboral

Cons

Salarios no competitivos

Stressful environment and toxic Senior Associate

I received no guidance at all from my Senior Associate. He kept on telling me that I should be done by these specific tasks, kept on giving orders but did not know how to each and guide and train. Poor leadership and management.

Good work environement. Supportive employees

Good work culture, supportive work environemtn. Work timing is also good. HR policies are not ip to the mark. Team lead are supportive. Longn working hours. Saturday sunday off.

Productive and fun working place. I would gladly love to work at it again

Very productive environment. The colleagues are very helpful and friendly. Given the opportunity againb, I will perform my duties with perseverance, dedication and loyalty. I will also gladly grab the opportunity with both hands, aim to make and be part of successful team that is directly involved in making the organization a success, as I believe I have a role to play in making things success.

Needs Some Work

BDO can be a good place to work for if they worked on getting more staff/seniors/managers so that the workload is divided properly. Instead, we are all overworked, even outside of busy season. Overall, the company benefits are middle of the line, I have seen better and I have seen worse. We are hybrid right now, but if you work so much that whether you’re in the office or not doesn’t matter, then it’s worthless. In my time here I have learned a lot, and I think that’s the most important thing about being in public accounting- to set you up for your future career.

productive and fun

Employees are encouraged to share their ideas and opinions openly during company-wide meetings and personal interviews with their managers. And while their ideas may not always be implemented, employees still have a voice.Positive work cultures also take out any vague or unclear communication practices. Every employee understands their tasks, knows who to go to for questions, and receives answers promptly.

Stressful, but good for development

Do your 3 years of public accounting here. Lots of private company related engagements. If you want public company experience, go to Big 4. Reasonable hours during busy season compared to Big 4

Pros

Free lunches. Generous TIme off Policy

Cons

Long Hours

Considerate employer but pays below market

Nearly nil emails from partners and managers following up on weekends. Allows flexible working.Can do better by matching market rates and giving off performance bonuses

Pros

Flexible working, lots of opportunities to learn

Ambiente stimolante

Ambiente di lavoro fantastico e stimolante. Tuttavia, la retribuzione non è commisurata al lavoro prestato.

Productive and fun work place

Overall the culture is really good. I really how you get to work over various projects. You can move on to different work as well. Hardest are the hours but its accounting.

Working environement

Working with BDO is an exceptional experience. Its a great place to work especially for fresh accounting graduates.Managements and seniors are helpful.

Pros

Great learning environment for fresh grads

Cons

Lack of staffs and employee benefits

It’s public accounting so dont expect much

It’s a typical international mega firm. A white collar sweat shop. Most people don’t work here for their lifetime. They work here to get whatever post graduate education and work experienced finished (CPA, CFA, MBA) and they leave for greener pastures. I plan to do the same. You should too.

Avoid at all costs

Overworked, low pay & benefits, regressive culture, disengaged management that doesn't care about its people. Operates more like an accounting firm from the 1950's with its old technology and hierarchy where the regular employee doesn't have a voice. You will be treated as a number. They don't care about the well-being of staff although they claim to offer "work/life" balance, but the reality is far from it. They operate more like a small office company - having little interaction with other offices, thus creating a high-school cliquey culture. The CEO of the company is never on calls or online for that matter, no engagement between offices despite it claiming to be a global firm. If they don't like you then admin will collude with management to set up traps to frame you and try to make you believe "it was your fault". They would rather waste money to hire/train new staff over and over again without addressing the reason(s) why so many leave in the first place. They do not see the long-term impact of some of the highest turnover (if not the highest) in the industry.

Pros

Cons

Bad culture, disengaged management, no work-life balance, extremely high turnover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BDO. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • BDO
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?