CliftonLarsonAllen

CliftonLarsonAllen Employee Reviews

Workplace

Good public accounting firm to work for. Decent hours.Job work and life balance is ok. Everything else is ok. Good strong teammates. Very knowledgeable.

Solid company to establish the groundwork for your career or a long-term relationship

Working at CLA is all about what you want to achieve. All they ask in return is your commitment to dependability, teamwork, and focusing on your job when you are actually on the job. If you prefer not to work when you are getting paid to work, please stay away. If you desire to join a team that cares about you and make a difference with the work you do, please apply. During my 2 decades with CLA, I observed many people who took advantage of the flexible work arrangements, including myself. Choosing to work part-time for several years while your children are young will not prevent you from becoming a principal if that is your goal. It may take some time to find the team/supervisor that fits your personality, but once you do they will remain loyal to you and help in any way possible. Yes, some offices have culture issues. The hours can be demanding at certain times of the year. Local management needs to do a better job of cutting losses early when new staff clearly lack the skills for the position, choose not to work, or flat-out lie to your face.Still, I would recommend CLA as a great place to start, or stay. The enormous opportunities they have in all types of industries across the country allow you to choose your own adventure. I have no regrets about my time at CLA.

Great working environment

Enjoyed working with great people. All employees were friendly. A working environment with potential growth opportunities. Great location in Pasadena. The office Manager is great!

Nice location

Typical tax preparer work. You have be able to work independently as you will not be able to get much help during busy season. Do not start during busy season if you are new to public accounting, start a couple months before.

Toxic work environment

Not recommended to work at CLA, management is not supportive and will stab you when you least expected. Stop judging your employees and support them instead and you will see that your doing better and won't have so much turn over.

Great Culture

I loved the culture CLA cultivates. Work life balance could be a challenge and busy season is a heavy load for everyone. However, everyone pulls their own weight.Your experience at each office will depend on the location (I was based in San Antonio) and your willingness to go out and find new work. You really have to take charge of your own success, you can't just sit in the back and be expected to be given work.

Pros

Excellent team culture

Cons

Have to be a self starter and work life balance

Good work place

Cla takes work life balance more seriously than the big 4, but It Is still public accounting so there will be none. Pay Is solid, nothing outstanding but it is accurate with the market rate.

incluve

this workplace is inclusive. good work life balance and benefits. It is a typical accounting firm, busy during tax season and could be slow during off season.

Grwat

Great place to work. Just started out in my accounting career here and have been here for about two years now. I can see myself working here for years to come.

My Team Makes The Magic

I've been learning to let go of my "norm" accounting location trama; timing my breaks and expecting people to look over my shoulder...It's a heavy weight that's been lifted from my shoulders since joining CLA family. I know that not all departments/locations are the same and makes me thankful for the coworkers and management I interact with.Work/Life balance is still an unsolved mystery during the revolving door of workers - like most companies...I enjoy my 12minute commute, beautiful office and the support of my team and those I now call friends.It's not all rainbows and unicorns: It's ACCOUNTINGBusiest season(s) (It's ALWAYS busy for my team) are a bit insane.. days run together, long hours, bad/stressed attitudes but we do our best and try to provide some relief from the madness.I'm always learning and given opportunities to help impact the culture and help my community.

Pros

location/people/learning enviornment

Cons

Budgeted Hours stress us out more than help, short staffed in comparison to the workload, family/work balance is hard to find.

Project based position review

Employment is dependent on projects, which is understandable. However, the project based positions have no real advancement opportunities. The majority of the work in this position could be done by someone who does not have the aptitude to get a college degree. Reasoning skills are occasionally used, but are not necessary for much of the work. Most of the job experience is difficult to transfer in any practical way.

Inclusive and flexible culture with opportunities to grow!

I have the flexibility I need to accommodate living and working with a disability. The culture is inclusive and supportive, and there is so much opportunity at CLA to learn and grow. The path to advancement is clear, and the company provides you with support so you can get where you want to go. After your first month you choose a career coach who acts as a mentor and sounding board. The advice I've received from my coach has been invaluable.

Pros

Great people. Supportive management. Flexibility. Culture of inclusion. Pay. Benefits.

Cons

Client-facing roles may find work/life balance difficult.

Go big 4

Small firm wanting pretending to be a big 4. CLA needs more resources for all of the sectors they want to be in . Only way to advance is to be a part of their acquisition of another company.

Pros

N/a

Cons

No chance for advancement

A great way to learn a lot about public accounting

spent about a month training, but when tax season began I felt very prepared. Everyone was always willing to answer questions and made sure you felt heard. A very welcoming environment for a field that can be otherwise very stressful.

Pros

great pay

Unlimited PTO, no thanks. Rare chance to use it

Up front seems like a good deal but rarely get to take time off. They talk a big game but reality doesn’t match. Retirement match is very low and they bait and switch you with other things that aren’t as important like snacks and $200 wellness benefit when they should be providing sufficient retirement match, especially since there is no pension.

Very great

People that I worked with were amazing and very helpful. Very long hours which was expected but you always felt constantly judged if you left before others

Cool

very little interaction with management. Very focused on billable hour. Management often not in office. Mostly have to rely on virtual meetings and phone calls.

Great place to start

Helpful medium-sized audit firm. mainly federal engagements, so you get a lot of experience in that space. Management is helpful and friendly. Take the time to learn how to do your job and you will be fine.

Great career growth but rough work / life balance.

Overall CLA is a great public firm who is truly interested in investing in your future as long as you are willing to put in the effort. Hours can be long but its public accounting after all.

Management bad. Office culture good

Management changing hands is laughably bad. Gives $200 stipend to make people stay. Office coworkers are cool. But firm keeps accepting more and more work without filling the roles needed

Lacks Culture

Entire focus is on billable hours and not the growth of their people. Eventually leads to burnout by most people. Senior management is out of touch with most people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CliftonLarsonAllen. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • CliftonLarsonAllen
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?