Ulasan Karyawan EF English First

Ada 35 ulasan yang cocok dengan pencarian Lihat 185 ulasan
Sortir berdasarkan: Paling Membantu | Rating | Tanggal
EF Yogyakarta
Native English Language Teacher (Karyawan Sekarang) –  Yogyakarta6 Oktober 2019
The EF English language teaching system is very structured. The lessons are mapped out and easily obtained electronically by the teachers with access to the system. Some of the course work is in need of updating. The onboarding of new teachers at the Yogyakarta campus is not very good.
Apakah ulasan ini bermanfaat?YaTidakLaporkan
company
course consultant (Mantan Karyawan) –  Central Java27 September 2019
The management needs improvement, staff and employees in a higher rank tended to run a seniority culture. poor career development.
good place to improve speaking english.
It was fun
Social Media Officer (Mantan Karyawan) –  Jakarta29 Agustus 2018
Teachers and staff work well together to create a balanced and fun environment to work in.
Apakah ulasan ini bermanfaat?Ya 3Tidak 2Laporkan
Kultur Pekerjaan
A great place to learn as a teacher
English Teacher (Karyawan Sekarang) –  Jakarta21 Agustus 2018
It has great environment which gives everyone massive exposure to English language. Since the company's focus is to make a fun English learning environment, people involved are expected to contribute to creating a place that is enjoyable.
Creative Freedom, Warm, Diverse and Open Environment, Excellent Team
Teacher (Karyawan Sekarang) –  Bekasi, Grand Wisata17 Juni 2018
English First offers training and a positive work environment. It provides the materials needed. This job is great for a unexperienced teacher. The Staff and Faculty were very helpful and very friendly.
Creative Freedom, Structure, Training, Materials, Positive Environment
Low Pay
Apakah ulasan ini bermanfaat?Ya 15Tidak 2Laporkan
Great Online Teaching experience; local staff awesome
Online English Teacher (Mantan Karyawan) –  Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia6 Januari 2018
Aside from the low pay, this was a great job and a wonderful introduction to life in Bali. I recommend this job unless you need to support a family or others on it. It is just enough to squeak by... but the teaching experience itself is really rewarding!
new experiences, great coworkers
Kekurangan
very stingy pay from Beijing office
Kultur Pekerjaan
One of the best jobs I could have asked for.
Full-time Native English Teacher (Mantan Karyawan) –  West Java12 Desember 2017
I worked in EF for just over three years. I learned so much in my time working there and was given so much freedom for creativity within the classroom. The principal of the school was an inspiration and the whole environment was relaxed and open.
My principal
Changeable hours
Apakah ulasan ini bermanfaat?Ya 4TidakLaporkan
Kultur Pekerjaan
Awesome workplace with lots of interesting benefits!
Full Time Teaching (Mantan Karyawan) –  Jakarta2 November 2017
I came to work excited and enjoyed very much the interaction with other teachers. The employees there were from a variety of different countries, cultures, and ethnicities.
Planning classes was easy because they had structured and outlined materials to use. We were never under too much pressure.
I learned a lot about work culture in a professional environment and what it entails to keep a balance and a smiling attitude in the workforce.
The management was kind and honourable and I liked them a lot.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the money I earned! But I loved to meet and interact with the other employees. Business English was enjoyable and I miss it a lot.
The hardest part of the job was keeping a mature attitude and being a professional around the students. I think I struggled with the children and felt better when teaching adults.
Keunggulan
Business english and Indonesian food from the cart!
Present Simple grammar struggles
Apakah ulasan ini bermanfaat?Ya 2TidakLaporkan
Productive and fun workplace
Teacher of English as a Foreign Language (Mantan Karyawan) –  Banjarmasin, Indonesia2 Oktober 2017
I taught children, young learners, teenagers, young adults and adults. They were normally excited in learning English with excellent teaching methods which company provides. As a teacher, I obviously learned so many things around my positive environment, such as, working as a team with other colleges, paying attention to detail and how to solve problem in the classroom. However, the difficult things that I needed to overcome were preparing lesson plan to be as creative as possible or parents will terribly be complaining and motivating young learners/teenagers to study while they tended to get bored easily and have unstable emotion. On the other hand, I really loved how mostly students could engaged with me in their process of learning English. Their excitement definitely had changed my tiredness into a delightful energy.
Apakah ulasan ini bermanfaat?Ya 13TidakLaporkan
Kultur Pekerjaan
Amazing coworkers, fun teaching experience
Online English Teacher (Mantan Karyawan) –  Denpasar, Bali23 September 2017
I loved the activity of teaching online every day. I met new students from around the world every day, and also developed some regular students for while I was there. I highly recommend this job for anyone who wants to experience life in Bali. You will fare better, however, if you have a bit of financial savings before you arrive. However, life there is cheap. If you know how to be frugal and have only yourself to support, it can be an ideal introduction to living and working in Asia, as it was for me.
location
Apakah ulasan ini bermanfaat?Ya 11TidakLaporkan
Kultur Pekerjaan
Cheap and cheerful education providers
English Language Teacher (Mantan Karyawan) –  Bandung, West Java, Indonesia3 September 2017
EF has a great approach to supporting new teachers into their role - they supplement all their syllabi with teaching-tips and suggestions. I worked across2 cities, in over 4 EF schools, and they obviously had their similarities, but as franchises, they had their difficulties. The general attitude of the company was upbeat, people-centred and lively. The hardest part was split-shifts and working with very different students within the same day.
Keunggulan
Very mixed experiences of teaching: good for career-building
Kekurangan
Problems the management had in acquiring my legal status
Apakah ulasan ini bermanfaat?Ya 6Tidak 1Laporkan
Great place to start
Director of Studies (Mantan Karyawan) –  Jakarta Indonesia30 Agustus 2017
EF is a great way to see the world whilst getting paid to do a challenging yet fulfilling job but it's not for everyone. They work well to look after their staff but as it is a franchise business, there can be big differences from one group to the next.
On the job training
non competitive salary
Apakah ulasan ini bermanfaat?Ya 16TidakLaporkan
Kultur Pekerjaan
Best place to learn teaching method in fun ways
English Teacher (Mantan Karyawan) –  Denpasar, ID7 Agustus 2017
EF is always be an amazing place to work. The management is very professional, the teaching resources are always updated and the work's culture is wonderful.
Apakah ulasan ini bermanfaat?Ya 6TidakLaporkan
Fun and excitable workplace
English Teacher (Mantan Karyawan) –  Indonesia, Bogor6 Juli 2017
Although the work can be long, the kids are very lovely and a joy to work with. The most important thing for me was to get to know my students and their interests and design lesson plans around my student's interests in order to get them communicating in English while having fun and learning the English grammar.

My colleagues were lovely, it's from them that I got to learn about the culture and language of the country. I built really strong relationships with some of them and I am still in touch with a few of them.

The hardest part of the job was finding my own accommodation and furnishing my apartment as I wasn't given much help on that and had to struggle alone, which I found scary and daunting.

What I enjoyed the most about working at EF was being around the learners who were all so very different in their own ways.
Keunggulan
A fun, exciting and creative job
Accommodation not provided
Apakah ulasan ini bermanfaat?Ya 13TidakLaporkan
Fabulous English Institute
English Teacher (Mantan Karyawan) –  Surabaya, ID20 Maret 2017
EF English First is a wonderful place to work for. I had enough independence to teach English as a second language but there was enough structure as well. A typical day had me preparing for lessons, teaching, testing and grading papers.

The hardest part of the job was assessing students' English levels of proficiency. The best part of the job was the students.
Independence with structure
Housing provided
Kultur Pekerjaan
a hard year with a good company
English Teacher (Mantan Karyawan) –  Sidoarjo11 Januari 2017
Pay was not amazing in terms of Western dollars, but boy did it go far in Indonesia - not great if you're trying to buy a house in Melbourne, but amazing if you want to consider quality of life while you're there. Living in rural-ish Java was quite isolating and the office got a bit cabin-fevery at times, but management did an excellent job at looking after us and helping us keep it together. Working in Sidoarjo is hard, but EF will look after you.
Overseas Teacher
Teacher (Mantan Karyawan) –  Jakarta, Indonesia6 Oktober 2016
Like all jobs the beginning was great, but it eventually showed its true colors. Being overseas, there isn't much of a say so. I was fortunate enough to have a manager from Europe so he understood things.

The pay was the best they could do for that specific country and I took a major loss from what I had previously earned.

The staff is split up and there was no communication between the departments. Even after meetings, departments we left clueless- however they would tell you they understood it all.

Being a foreigner and still being loyal to the company, they aren't loyal to the foreigners.
Keunggulan
Teaching others English in your own way-not by the book
Kekurangan
Communication is chaos. Job isn't loyal to the manager. Job security there isn't any.
Apakah ulasan ini bermanfaat?Ya 6TidakLaporkan
1,0
Nice entry level position
ESL Teacher (Mantan Karyawan) –  Jakarta31 Agustus 2016
Good to learn and develop a style of teaching. Nice to interact with people from different walks of life. Long hours and have to work Saturdays so can be quiet a long work week.
Fun work environment.
prices. (Mantan Karyawan) –  Jakarta25 Mei 2016
The textbooks were a "turn-key" system that made teaching English very easy.

There was a lot of social contact with both staff and students. It was a fun time.
Loads of fun
EF salaries are the lowest. But the cost of living in Indonesi is half Aust
Kultur Pekerjaan
Teaching the kids was beautiful! But the programs is so rigid and uncreative it was a bore
English Teacher of all levels (Mantan Karyawan) –  Surabaya and Mataram Indonesia18 April 2016
I really enjoyed the people I worked with and especially loved teaching the kids(from 4 years old to 17) The children are so open creative and enthusiastic. But the program is set up for anyone to teach. It requires no qualifications for the teacher. All the teacher has to do(and he/she Must do this) is follow the program which is so ingrained that no flexibilityis allowed in the system. My experience was mixed at this school. I like Indonesians and love teaching the children but the program was so rigorous that it was overdemanding and therefore difficult to enjoy. There was very little focus on the teacher's teaching quality in the classroom and it seemed that 80% of the focus was on updating files, computer records, tests, student writings etc. and only 20% of attention was paid to what the teacher actually did in the classroom. I love language and teaching it--not updating records.
Keunggulan
Beautiful kids! Nice staff, beautiful place(near Indian Ocean)
Kekurangan
Demanding schedule and updating and reporting
Apakah ulasan ini bermanfaat?Ya 9TidakLaporkan
Profil Terklaim

Ingin tahu lebih banyak bagaimana rasanya bekerja disini?

Tanyakan mengenai pengalaman bekerja atau interview di EF English First. Komunitas kami siap menjawab.

Ajukan Pertanyaan