EY logo
EY

EY Employee Reviews

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,904 reviews

Great working experience but not for a life long job

I was an intern but I got a lot of experience and knowledge, so if you want to learn and develop your related skill, this place is the best place, but if you seek for a job that you gonna be willing to do it for a long time in your life, better you look for another place.

Pros

Great Learning Opportunity, Travels, Fair amount of overtime & salary

Cons

Work/Life Balance, Culture

Competitive

Great brand for your resume, recruiters will suddenly start wanting to talk to you. Poor business models supported by selling brand. Expected to weave magic out of nothing is actually a great skill to learn. Cons Long hours and outright verbal expectations to work evenings and weekends. Expect to break your back growing someone else's business and dream.

A rich learning institution with great colleagues

A rich learning institution and the expansion possibility is great but the work load is mountainous. It is a good place to start a career but not for long period of time because it takes a lot of your life

Fast-paced and competitive workplace with room to grow

Being an assurance intern at EY requires employees to be able to focus on data and highly-detailed. For reviewing finances from another company needs a pair of keen eyes.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Short breaks

A good management which always ready to help and support their employees

• Reconstructed accounting records from clients' checks and cash receipts. • Prepared financial pages for presentation to senior management. • Compiled financial reports pertaining to cash receipts, expenditures and profit and loss. • Worked with managers to develop annual expense plan goals. • Generated and mailed updated statements. • Set up and updated customer accounts with interactions, payments and personal information.

Place to learn and develop yourself

EY definitely a place for you who want to challenge yourself. you will learn lots of things when you join the Company, but the downside is that you will lost your work life balance.

Pros

self development

Cons

No work life balance

Friendly Co-workers

The team that I worked with were very helpful and collaborative. They allowed me individuality during projects but also very supportive when I needed help.

Good place to start a career

Challenging day-to-day tasks. A lot of clients to be handled. Sometimes I feel like we're constrained in some ways. No work-life balance. Nice office space.

The work environment is nice

I could learn much during my summer associate program. I gained experience and knowledge that were very useful in the future. The people were very welcome and willing to teach

Enjoyable working environment

Every day my senior always sent an email about the to-do-list for the day I learned about the basic audit process, mainly on matching the independently generated documents and do vouch on required document for conducting a sample testing The workplace culture is quite tough since there are so many things to do within a limited time. The staffs and seniors always go home at midnight when it is close to the deadline. The hardest part of the job is when dealing with the client. Sometimes, clients like to do pending job and not provide the document required completely. Sometimes the client also does not have proper documentation. I enjoy in doing audit work, and I really enjoy my internship since I able to learn many things and have an opportunity to engage in real working environment.

Pros

Able to develop knowledge, apply the theory to real working environment

Cons

Long houts

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EY?

Very good first internship experience

Fun working environment, i learned a lot and been able to work with accounting systems and principles in real life. The most enjoyable part of the job is about teamwork.

Fun workplace for students who are majoring at accounting and finance

I was placed in the financial audit team where I helped the team to review the supporting documents. As a student who havent took the audit class before, the team members patiently taught me the process and it was a great experience for me. The internship really helped me to succeed in my audit class as I have experienced the process before.

Fun and challenging

Be an auditor will require to be a flexible person with fast paced work done. It will be challenging yet a good start for your career

What I learned at EY are about the auditing system and be more careful while doing the work. The management of the company is good. My co-workers help me a lot as I was a fresh graduates at that time. The hardest part of the job is that we must able to work under pressure and catch up the deadline set by the client. The most enjoyable part of the job are we can meet and interact with more people from the client office. we could gain more network.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

long hours of overtime

Productive and Fun Work Place

EY is one of the big four Public Accounting Firm. EY has a cooperative culture team especially in achieving audit objective for each procedures.

Fun Workplace to Start Your Career

It is a great company to start your career. You will learn so many things differently depends on the project you're assigned to. Fun workplace since most of my coworkers are still around my age. Work-life balance could be a problem sometimes. But overall, it is definitely worth to try.

Pros

Fun, so many things you can learn

Cons

work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7K