EY Employee Review

Wonderful Time Starting a Career in Public Accounting

28 May 2020
EY, probably similar to other Big 4 firms, has so many tools, talent, and experience at your fingertips. I was able to see large and small clients with groundbreaking technology next to the brightest in my field. I would 100% go back to work with them.
3 April 2017
Same role
Audit and Assurance Internship (Former Employee) - Jakarta, Indonesia
Every day my senior always sent an email about the to-do-list for the day I learned about the basic audit process, mainly on matching the independently generated documents and do vouch on required document for conducting a sample testing The workplace culture is quite tough since there are so many things to do within a limited time. The staffs and seniors always go home at midnight when it is close to the deadline. The hardest part of the job is when dealing with the client. Sometimes, clients like to do pending job and not provide the document required completely. Sometimes the client also does not have proper documentation. I enjoy in doing audit work, and I really enjoy my internship since I able to learn many things and have an opportunity to engage in real working environment.
Pros
Able to develop knowledge, apply the theory to real working environment
Cons
Long houts
1 March 2020
Senior Associate (Former Employee) - Jakarta
Great brand for your resume, recruiters will suddenly start wanting to talk to you. Poor business models supported by selling brand. Expected to weave magic out of nothing is actually a great skill to learn. Cons Long hours and outright verbal expectations to work evenings and weekends. Expect to break your back growing someone else's business and dream.
28 November 2019
Senior Tax Consultant (Former Employee) - Jakarta, Indonesia
A rich learning institution and the expansion possibility is great but the work load is mountainous. It is a good place to start a career but not for long period of time because it takes a lot of your life
  1. Wonderful Time Starting a Career in Public Accounting