EY Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Obviously depended on service line but often you are overworked and underpaid. You learn a ton but it doesn’t always feel like it is worth it. I have had some great teams and some not so great teams.
It was a learning experience. I like going to work there, the people was friendly, openminded, willing to help, and always available if I need help or had a question.
Dynamic environment with new projects to tackle each day. Multiple types of opportunities available, with varying travel and customer interaction requirements.
Pros
Compensation and new opportunities
Cons
Intense travel in some roles
I was able to learn lot of things at EY, the projects and the information available to work on the projects. A typical day would be talking to clients, and getting their requirements. Workplace culture is so flexible, everyone are helpful.
EY offers a work professional and team members. It was the most enjoyable employer that I have experienced to date. Managers are fair and knowledgeable.
Pros
Work environment, team members, and Management
Cons
The work culture is very nice at EY. I've learned a lot while being at EY. My only issue was the pay and no growth opportunities within EY. Hopefully that changes.
I cannot fairly rate EY, I was there for 8 months as a contractor and all consumed by my projects. It was long hours and much stress. I don't have more to tell. There are some really great people to work with and I enjoyed working with them.
Great place to work. Work life balance Good benefits Time off Promotions are hard to get, so it is best to negotiate when you are hired. they offer a pension including 401(k) so that is a plus.
No better place to start your career, but understand the hours and demands required. High expectations and many high performers, but also much to do about politics for advancement.
Great company to work for offering work/life balance, competitive salaries, job security, management opportunities, training, and great job culture for all.
High Pressure Work Environment. Rigid hierarchy. Difficult if you do not start as intern. Low pay for staff / associates Good opportunities when you leave.
Good culture, good benefits. Not great pay to begin with, but the raises are above average and the company sets you up for success quickly. Fast promotion (Senior in 3 years, Manager in 5).
Productive place and challenging work environment, expanded my knowledge of Advisory consulting and gained insight into business process. Interfaced with multiple clients
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no cons
Summary body will go here. This needs one hundred and fifty characters and I am going to make that happen, even if it means that it will snow in San Diego.
Cons
Typical day at work consists of settling in and fielding requests of the Accountants, Lawyers and Partners of the firm. Fast paced, customer driven and customer needs-driven workloads are the basis of the job. EY is a private firm that operates by a set of rules that aren't always fully disclosed to it's employees. This can be a great thing (ie. Extended Holidays and Perks) and sometimes a not so great thing (uncertainty with job expectations and where the company is headed in the NEAR future). Management is present but not always as accessible as needed considering the demanding nature of the office. There is a strict chain of command that must be followed as well. Culture of the workplace is progressive and diverse. Hardest part of the job is Hierarchical Politics. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people.
Pros
Diverse and creative work environment
Cons
Advancement oppurtunities are limited.
The firm has a great onboarding experience, one of the best. There is support at each turn to provide guidance. Incredible opportunities to grow depending on your growth path.
• Interfacing with both the generalists and specialists in the Microsoft sales and delivery teams (including partners, services, Internal Microsoft Product / Service organizations) focused on consumption of the Azure platform in high potential accounts • Executing quick technical feasibility and proposal development for moving identified workloads to Azure (i.e. quick and dirty, comfortable with 80-20 rule) • Built a technical and security architecture in Azure for the selected apps/workloads • Selecting a migration approach to lift and shift the workloads to Azure or architecting a greenfield development and/or production platform for new applications • Executing limited POCs, if necessary • Driving the quality of the on boarding plan (with MCS or partners) • Documenting and sharing technical best practices / insights with engineering and the architect community • Understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends • I possess a proven track record of building technical and business relationships with senior executives and growing wallet share in large or highly strategic accounts • I have a proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through • I possess problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, where and when needed, to do what’s right for the customer and for the organization (i.e. think through workarounds, evaluate risk of various deployment options, etc.) • I possess exceptional verbal and written communication I support Azure B2B Active - more...
I worked with all global EY sites to assist and support the transition to newer technology and move to SIP trunking and Skype for Business on a global level. I loved my job at EY, however, they are outsourcing their infrastructure team and are laying off 100's of people which has effected me.
Pros
The people and management are awesome at EY
Cons
That they are laying off dedicated employees
I really enjoyed my assurance internship with EY. Everyone was friendly and they want to see you succeed. I had visibility to top leaders in the firm.
I met so many people with my time at EY that it expanded my network in such an amazing way. There are a lot of opportunities within the company to expand your career in multiple ways.
I am in the Alpharetta office in the SDC if you have a chance to work here I highly suggest you reconsider it. At the start, Ey had a great culture and was living up to the hype that I had heard. The work was tough but rewarding, however when projects became few and far between, no technical skills were being developed, and management began to micromanage every aspect of our 9-5 I had to leave. This job could have been a 5-year career for me, however, you really aren't apart of EY. The SDC is basically one step above offshore resources and you are treated like it. We do the same work, with the same skills, and are paid $25k less and get no recognition for it. Also, you are hidden from all other EY branches and are not allowed to try and transfer, unless you have upwards of 5 years you want to use. I do not, what so ever, recommend this job to anyone at all. Do not take it, don't be swayed by the EY name, you will not survive here. The culture here is abysmal and at an all-time low. People are constantly leaving this for anything else they can find. Good luck on your job search, please do not take this.
Pros
great name on the resume
Cons
work life balance, growing skills, pay, career advancement.