EY Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Obviously depended on service line but often you are overworked and underpaid. You learn a ton but it doesn’t always feel like it is worth it. I have had some great teams and some not so great teams.
Joined EY right out of school. Great place to learn the ropes, busy seasons test you thoroughly. Intense training sessions provided. Lots of support available.
The company is undergoing a lot of restructuring that presents new opportunities. Management does not provide sufficient reviews for all workers. There are many associates.
Pros
nice office
Cons
insufficient reviews
A typical day at work changed everyday. This taught me to be ready for anything. My role evolved dramatically from the time I started to present, which was unexpected. Management's communication could have improved greatly which would have cut down on guessing what the next move should be.
Pros
Benefits, pension, vacation time
Cons
Stress of the job
Desktop support Enjoyed the perks and training. Unlimited training / travel until the tech bubble burst. IT management promoted admin for an advanced technical position although she did not have any actual experience. Completely overlooked technicians that have the knowledge and required skillset.
Pros
Enjoyed the perks and training.
Cons
Salary
The work is not difficult, but the workload is almost never achievable in 40 hours if you are looking to do an excellent job. In addition to the long engagement hours, there are unpaid, mandatory hours of yearly training, seminars, company-sponsored initiatives, etc.
Working at a consulting company is not for the faint of heart. If you don't like to work on weekend or evenings, working at any consulting company is probably not good for you
Everything feels like high school. You have homework and you have managers who yell at you about your homework. You have deadlines and you definitely have to take work home with you.
Pros
Money
Cons
Stress
Challenging job, but very high ceiling to build a strong career and very broad network. Building a strong brand and growing strong and fast and looking to be the top professional services firm in the World within the next few years
In most cases, requires travel out of town days are 12+ hour work days. The company provides great training opportunities and requires a certain number of hours of training per year.
Pros
Benefits; work/life balance
Cons
Alpharetta location
The project structure was good for getting projects done. There was a concept of product teams and the teams has the product understanding to build products from concept to finish.
Pros
Location far from my hous
Cons
Telecommute
Learned advanced consultant skills .People there are helpful .They are eager to help new comers to advance. It is a high skilled work place and good for new graduates who want to challenge their intellectual capability .
Pros
Friendly
Cons
No one
It is a very diverse workplace. The hardest part of the job is the long hours since taxes never sleep. There is always something to do. I would recommend this experience to anyone because it will show you what you are made of.
Very good company and culture Impressive leadership at all levels Many opportunities to utilize and develop your skills I have been very pleased to work for the firm and have it as a source of experience for my career development.
I was hired as an IT Contractor with the opportunity to go full time. My manager had me trained on EVERYTHING, but after 6 months of working there, EY decided not to renew my contract due to budget cuts. I kinda had a feeling it was going to happen when my IT Manager stopped having bi-weekly meetings with me and started to act like I didn't exist. It was disappointing, but that's business as usual I guess. I wouldn't work for this company again as a contractor.
Pros
Somewhat free breakfast & lunch
Cons
Challenging culture. Information Technology and Business do not always work cohesively. Change occurs on a daily basis for approved methodology and processes. High Profile Applications with significant Business Impact. Management of these appeared to be more on the fly not planned as you would expect Business Critical Applications.
Pros
Work from Home Opportunities
Cons
Difficult work/life balance
As a contractor you are paid well but with no time off; management can sometime treat contractors differently than full-time employees; there is not a reeal communication between management and employee
I was a contractor in IT, but I really admired the corporate culture. There were lots of really talented people who generally treated each other with respect. Also, I enjoyed the liberal telecommuting opportunities.
Pros
Telecommuting, Talented Colleagues
Cons
Firm puts a lot of emphasis on work life balance, diversity and flexibility. Generally open to feedback and improvement on best practices. Great benefits.
Pros
work remotely
Cons
work hours
EY has re-organized the IT Services area a number of times over the past 5 years and are returning to a decentralized model. This constant change provides no direction and makes application development and delivery more difficult than it needs to be. While EY may be an excellent place to work for client facing individuals, it is not the best for technology based resources,
Pros
Work location flexibility and vacation benefits
Cons
Pay falls below the industry, bonuses are very limited, and the strategy for future growth is confusing
EY is a great company and a great experience. There is also flexibility to go to other contracts. The technology is up to date and the staff are very intelligent.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Work exceeds 50 hours with pay for 40