EY Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Obviously depended on service line but often you are overworked and underpaid. You learn a ton but it doesn’t always feel like it is worth it. I have had some great teams and some not so great teams.
Offers great experience, training, and exposure. Very demanding schedule and challenging to truly have a work-life balance. Plenty of growth opportunities within the company as well as in the accounting world. Great opportunity to view a diverse clientele.
EY serves as a great company to begin your professional career fresh out of college. They provide great corporate experience and the tools to gain a complete understanding of almost any industry.
My experience has been good overall. Its difficult at times working 100% remote as you lose the effectiveness of collaboration.
Pros
Global Company with full telecommute. Benefits are good
Cons
Functional silos due to large size of organization, long hours, short staff
Good place to work if you are hired full time. Lots of young workers. Work life balance is pretty good unless it is busy tax season. Office is pretty modern. Customers can be challenging. Equipment/Computers seem decent. Diversity awareness seems pretty important. Did not see a lot of people with external disabilities, but I at one location and Ey has many world wide.
Great place to start your career. It all depends on the team you end-up working with. My typical day varied every week depending on the projects.
I love the work life balance this company offers. The people I work with are awesome. Everyday I learn something new and I have been here for a while!
Pros
free coffee and soda
Cons
parking
Fun, fast paced and challenging. A job that was enjoyable and stimulating. Enjoyed my team and the skills I learned on the job
Lots of work to be done and some of the departments have a great family/work balance attitude. Agile projects are a little different and the expectations is in the office work with limited telecommute for most of the people.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EY?
A typical day at work includes welcomed challenges and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Ernst & Young was a very professional place to work. They encouraged professional attire and work ethics. Excellence was expected in everything that was done. Promotions were difficult to attain as most job categories were highly sophisticated and required specific skills with few opportunities to move into a different job category.
Solid place to start a career. There is no typical day. Traveled A LOT! The hardest part of my job was trying to collaborate with very individually focused people. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a variety of people.
EY is a great company to begin your accounting career. It provides valuable experience that will make you a knowledgeable accountant.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Busy Season; Chargeable Hours
Working as Dev Lead for one of the agile development teams as part of the EY Canvas project. The project is following Dakibo Agile methodology with three week sprints.  The tool is going to be used by the EY auditors globally and it will have 25K users  Responsible for managing the development and support for my team including people management, recruitment and resource assessment
A typical day at work is filled with learning new terminology; mentoring; grooming for upward mobility; building relationships, both internally and externally. In addition to the above, the firm offers many opportunities for learning via the web.
Pros
upward mobility; mentoring' affinity networks
Cons
My typical day is Very intuitive I learned new softwares management is excellent co-workers are friendly commute is the hardest job
Typical work day starts @ 7-5pm. I have learned that that work/life balance is important in success. I like a management team that allows me to pursue goals and accomplish work. My co-workers are bright, fun and dedicated. The hardest part of my job is politics. Is receiving positive feedback from co-workers and clients
Pros
Educational Opportunities
Cons
EY is an incredible place to work. The amount of learning and growth that you receive is unparalleled in the accounting world. I would recommend anybody starting out in accounting to work there and stay there as long as you can survive in the high-pressure environment or until you need more work life balance.
It is a good place to learn and start your career. Management suffers at times but co-workers are typically great.
A typical day at work was a quiet, professional environment with a nice group of smart, professionals. I was the administrative assistant for the Corporate Finance department where I reported to the Director and assisted him and also four-five managers. I answered the phone, took messages or transferred calls, typed contracts and correspondence and emails. I managed the file room and the library, made airline reservations and learned how to work on spreadsheets. Management was always professional, fair, and met with us weekly as a team and one-on-one on occasion. Everyone I worked for and with was professional and nice. The hardest part of the job was when it got hectic making and changing airline reservations while our team was travelling and plans changed. I enjoyed the work and most of all, the people.
Pros
good salary, benefits, people and atmosphere.
Cons
the copy room was in another location, hard to leave without getting phone coverage. male dominated field with only one female partner.
Wonderful learning and mentoring environment.Encourages fostering great relationships with all levels.
Pros
work flexibility, great learning and teaming atmosphere and healthcare