EY Employee Reviews for Executive Assistant

Typical day. Enjoy my team and PPEDD's. Managment is nice always seem to be open for suggestions of new idea.
Easy goingSkills Improvement Encouraging InclusiveChallenging when Working for five or more ppl one of whom demands 24/7 attentionEveryday interaction
Pros
Continuous learning
Cons
I loved working there, until it was rumored our jobs were possibly going to be eliminated. I didn't want to wait to be let go, so I found new employment. No one ended up being let go in the end. Many of my friends still work there and love it. No one that I know of has been let go due to COVID, so that really says something about the firm. They are solid and care about their employees.
Pros
Good insurance.
The day to day workload was fine with typical spells busier than others, but very manageable overall and Partners in the main, were easy to work with, kind and reasonable to deal with. Expenses and travel all have a process to follow and is easily managed.However the administrative circle of Executive Assistants had a few bad apples in it who contributed to a toxic work culture with back biting, excluding people and general behaviour that was only tolerated as the lead EA behaved in a similar way. This led to a huge high turnover of EAs which was disappointing. You need to be extremely resilient to survive in this culture. Has the potential to be great once rid of the bad apples.
Pros
Good salary, work life balance and recognition by Partners
Cons
Toxic behaviour in EA circle with bad apples spoiling the barrel, Nothing done to address, PMDP review process
I worked as a temp EA from Nov '18 to Mar '19. I loved working for EY. The job, people & mgrs were great. I was hopeful it would become permanent, but sadly it did not. I will DEF apply if/when the right job is posted.
Pros
The people, work, appreciation.
Cons
I was not included/invited to their big holiday bash. Full disclosure? I would not have even gone, but being left out made me feel awful & unappreciated. But I got over it.
Speaking strictly from an experienced EA's point of view, unless you are young and single, advancement in your top administrative role is simply too congested with talent to secure a promotion into another role without relocating and/or shifting job responsibilities. In other words, an EY EA has few upward advancement opportunities unless they shift into a different field and are willing to relocate. This may not work well for those with working career spouses, or young children in schools where they are thriving. Eventually, you get the sense from EY that you need to seek advancement as the years go by or get left behind in favor of those that can easily relocate and grow in different career paths.
Pros
Virtual assistance experience; Company stability
Cons
Few opportunities for growth in a densely competitive arena
I love, love, love this job! It could of definitely been a long time career. It has so much flexibility and opportunities to work from home. A team of like minded individuals to work with.
I am hardworking and fully flexible, I am a team player, also willing to learn . I have a huge network of client connections and have no problems in conversing with anyone.
I wish I never resigned from EY - my massive mistake. I would go back in a heartbeat 💓 I cannot find another company like it. EY tried their best to stop me from resigning and I wished I listened to them.
Work life balance is not there, even though they advertise it. Administration employees are seen as a lower rank and are required to work beyond required hours to satisfy the audit department partners
Pros
working in a global unit
Cons
long hours and a lot of pressure
EY does not appreciate the employees. Instead of helping and giving constructive advice they (she) was quit to put you down as well as talk down like everyone was incompetent
Good company to work for, Im happy with EY and for the opportunity. Excellent benefits and compensation. Very good and flexible with working hours. Outstanding employer.
I love the people who work at EY. However the roles that are core to business are ignored and taken advantage of. There's no benefits or perks for Core Business Staff
EY's workplace culture is dynamic! Inclusivity and diversity are embraced which makes for a healthy work environment. Managers are top-notch! Op-tempo varies but overall the stress level is manageable. There is nothing majorly complex about the job and someone is always available to assist.
Great place to work at , easy to move within the company , easy to network , very professional atmosphere, very collaborative and you are fairly recognised for your skills and achievements
This organization as given me a lot. I was able to work life balance. My seniors were very supportive. But it depends with which team/ Partner are you working. Some people are difficult to work with but the category of are less.
Pros
Flexibility of work from home
Cons
nothing as such
I enjoyed my time at EY. In my opinion the firm is reputable and trustworthy with supportive Management. The entire team genuinely cares about the clients, staff and firm as a whole.The environment is very fast-paced-you wear many hats while assisting several s. managers/partners simultaneously which can become overwhelming at times.
I did enjoy the rest of my with EY. I did learn new things on how to be efficient with my job as an Executive Assistant. In terms of work-life balance, we were given a chance to work at home 3 times a week
It uses to be a wonderful organization to work with, now except for the flexibility of working nothing seems to go well, like all corporates there is dirty politics which will pull down enthusiastic candidates.
Working as an EA was difficult, there were 7 EA to support 150 people, there was not enough work to keep busy or challenged. No availability to be remote when under the weather. Though, I did learn more about EY and it was very interesting. I prefer to report to the manager that I support.
Pros
Event Planning
Cons
Not challenging enough for me
Great work culture, fast pasted environment, many social events, beautiful work environment. Unfortunately the Executive Assistant role is grossly underpaid compared to market value.
  1. Executive Assistant