EY Employee Reviews for Quality Assurance Analyst

I have been working at EY for a little under a year and I have mixed feelings about it. Your experience varies greatly depending on what team you are assigned to and how you get along with the people on that team. During normal hours even a bad team can be bearable, but when busy season hits, you do NOT want to be stuck with people who you don't get along with for 13 hours a day 6-7 days a week. The salary is alright, but during busy season you are essentially getting paid minimum wage at the entry level positions. Perk-wise not bad, but nothing to write home about. Overall, I would only recommend this job if you really want the experience and EY brand on your resume, otherwise this is just a pit of despair and sadness.
This is a very busy company to work for with low compensation and not great work life balance. But the opportunity for growth and advancement is amazing. And you will learn a ton while there.
Pros
Growth, opportunity, learning
Cons
work life balance and compensation
Great people, heavy workload, poor work/life balance - at least this is my experience in the audit practice. However, as everyone says, it is truly a great launch if moving up the ranks in a company (EY or not) is what you want to do. Over the year I worked here, I just discovered it's not what I want out of life.
Pros
People, perks, development
Cons
Work load, work/life balance
I worked for three months as Assurance Consultatnt. I worked during the peak times hence the work pressure is so high. Else the environment to work in EY is friendly.
The company is not good on work life balance and will expect a lot from you without providing anything in return. Hierarchy systems make it very stressful.
I had join this company as a fresher but Senior authority and all other colleagues are so humble that I doesnt feel like I am holding small position in the Company. Specially Partner of different departments.
Hours can be brutal and compensation is not great for entry level - middle management. Advancement is almost guaranteed so long as that the individual is qualified and performing.
Not what I’d expected, resourcing worrying about their utilisation, diplomatic culture and bullying environment. No wonder so many suffer from mental illness.
Decent place with nice people, in my office, but busy season is brutal and not worth it in my opinion. Some enjoy the "security" (in many offices they desperately need people and are unlikely to fire you), rapid promotions and slight raises, but you may find that the unpredictability of where you will be working next week, or how many hours you will have to work can take a toll on you. If you value work, enjoy this work, and don't mind bending your life around the job, you may enjoy it. If you value your time and you don't want work to be your life, you may not enjoy this job.
Was a decent place to work right out of college. Good exposure to corporate culture. Not a typical 9-5 as work hours are not fixed. Work life balance isn't great. Limited learning scope.
EY has an unmatched ability to recruit equally genuine and driven individuals. Unfortunately, their company culture does not foster work-life balance nor personal wellbeing.
Offices are filled with adults in their mid 20s to late 30s. It is a face-paced environment with constantly changing priorities and deadlines. This environment taught me to be more flexible with my hours and tasks. The company has great benefits that accompany the grueling work hours, specially during busy season.
Pros
Professional milestone in your career
Cons
Learned a great deal at EY. However, the culture within the company leaves a lot to be desired and issues I raised to HR weren't satisfactorily addressed in my opinion. Grateful for the experience but much happier in the private sector. Compensation for 1st year staff is a little low based on the amount of work & time spent.
Pros
Opportunity to lear
Cons
Culture, work/life balance, sub-par management
Examine financial statements and its authenticity Participating in audit and reviews of financial statements in compliance with international accounting standards Verification of Journal entry and Trail balance relationship Notifying managers on fund movement. Verifying all deposits and withdrawals posted. Analyze the issues between Journal Entry balances with Trail balance Reviewing the final statements
decent company and people. I was a bit upset when they threatened to hurt my ability to to continue working there which is interesting because I would n
It was a nice company to work for. Especially the work culture and the diverse set of employees. I learnt that all the people in the firm treated each other in the same way. The open door policy was followed.
EY has provided me enough learning, training, and experience in my chosen field of expertise. I was able to work with the best teams, people, and with different persons with different nationalities and cultures.
Pros
Experience and learning
Cons
Low salary and workload
The Ernst & Young service delivery center provides an excellent opportunity for recent graduates to obtain work experience, especially in the financial services sector. The job provides for overtime but the base salary is extremely low for those who have preliminary certifications.
Pros
Vacation, Overtime, Travel
Cons
Salary, Management, Projects
Fast learning environment, stressful deadlines. On the other hand, you get prestige and good benefits. Not good for someone who is looking for better quality of life.
A place where one can learn to work in team.Highly inspiring seniors and team managers help us learn more and do better in life. A well maintained work place with all the modern facilities.
lack of good projects and career advancement. Although relaxed work culture and 8 hours of daily work schedule. It was a good experience working here
  1. Quality Assurance Analyst