Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Employee Reviews in San Francisco, CA

You’re seeing reviews in San Francisco, CA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Being a Union hotel the hourly pay and benefits were very good. The tips were not particularly good as the bar did not always get particularly busy on a lot of days.
A typical day of work involves daily rounds, checking last nights work orders, reviewing that days new work orders, meeting various managers if any special projects need to be completed, and working as a team when needed.
Love working here you learn so much from each other and they help you in anyway they can to reach your goals wish is one think I like about it. Helping others is one of my best way to get to know them better.
Working at a Holiday Inn is actually a cool job.. you get to meet people from all around the world and learn new things about other cultures and even learn about the area you work in by googling things to recommend to guests. But the best thing about my job, are my colleagues.. They're honestly all very kind and everyone has eachother's back (most of the time LOL), it's definitely like a little family here.. we went through two manager's in a small amount of time, which really brought us together not having a manager. Another thing about working here, is that everyday is different and unpredictable. One day it will be super busy and hectic, the next you will probably have minimal interaction with anyone.. so it definitely keeps you on your toes... Something I would change though, is the pay which is quite low for the area we are in.. Also, we do not have Medical, Dental, Vision or 401/retirement benefits.. These are the things steering me away from the company and hope to see them change in the near future. BUT... we do get bonuses often, which is very helpful and generous of the manager's and owners. Overall, I would recommend Holiday Inn to someone who is just starting to dip their into hospitality.. Definitely not for someone who has already been working in hotels/hospitality.
Pros
Coworkers and discount
Cons
management and location
Colleagues are very friendly to talk with while on lunch breaks and easily approachable if I ask them for help in addition to their helpfulness. The supervisors are also very helpful when I address issues with them and requesting more materials to clean guest rooms such as clean linen.
I enjoyed working for Holiday Inn. the pay was great. coworkers and staff are awesome. all managers cared for their employees. free lunch was giving daily.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
It was my first job in the US and I really enjoyed the environment and my colleagues there. I enjoyed working with my supervisors and managers. They provided a positive experience for me at work.
Pros
Free lunch, great benefits and strict hour
- Good environment, co-workers are nice and respectful - I have gotten room attendance training and learned how to use hotel systems like Opera, AMER, and Nuovla - They listen to the employees opinions - There are no hardest part, it feels fun and enjoyable - The most enjoyable part about my job is working and socializing with my co-workers, and helping customers.
I realized in the short time I was with Holiday Inn that advancement to a better position was limited. I left the Holiday Inn to open the Concord Hilton where I found more room for growth.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Advancement was limited
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Holiday Inn?
No proper training I trained myself by watching over front desk agent shoulder learned the system by making mistakes and correcting them on my own management is rude no compassion from front desk agents
Pros
Cons
Schedule is made by employees not management
I had a great experience working as Sales Coordinator. I learned so much from marketing plan and got to meet with our clienteles, I got to work on plans and actions, and financial spread sheet. We received full support from our executive team and Management, All over all, I enjoyed working for this company for over 9 years.
Pros
Free lunch, complimentary stay at any HI hotels, a friendly environment and a great products
Cons
Processed and filed Hotel reservation for internal and external customers and travel agents . Worked with office manager to determine rates on daily fluctuation.
Pros
free lunch
Working full-time. I enjoy to work in this company. I learned a lot from this company, everybody in the company are very friendly and willing to help each other.
Everyday brings new challenges at work theres always different situations and scenarios to deal with being that we deal with people from all around the world so there is a language barrier at times to deal with. Overall management and co workers are great everyone is friendly and personable like family. I enjoy my job so theres not a hard part for me and most enjoyable is meeting people from all around the world. A great place to work!
Typical day at work is knowing what is going on that day. Working in San Francisco you would have many events. Events like pride, culture events, city wide conventions, too handling tour groups. Management provide all the training needed each year to help me and other managers exceed in our positions. All co-workers were like family members. Having time to play basketball within departments. To finding time to go out socially. The hardest thing about the job is the homeless community in SF. Constantly dealing with them, which keeps our guests not feeling easy. The most enjoyable part of the job is we could talk about anything with our co-workers.
Pros
Free lunch, parking
Cons
healthcare
Lots of room for advancement. Loved the people I worked with including management. I get all the support I got. Helped me so much in the my career.
Managed sales floor, reorganizing items, and maintaining a neat and tidy store. Started to learn about customer service and how to multi-task. A great learning experience for a first job and learning more about how the retail industry works.
Holiday Inn Fisherman's Wharf location was just perfect,where a hotel guest have all the easy access to go where ever they please, including underground garage and big parking spot and an outdoor pool.Everyday you will see tourist from all over the world and when they eat in our restaurant it's nice to explain to them what kind of food we have and also how it's called.it makes your day when they like what they see and how much they appreciate our hospitality. Our Managers and Employee's are required to go through seminars and training for Guest Satisfaction and Good Service.The hardest part of the job is when customer or a hotel guest was not satisfied and no matter what you do it seems useless.most enjoyable part of the job is when a satisfied guest or customer will come and look for you just to tell you how happy and welcome you make them feel and most of all they will write a good comment and make sure your boss will know about it so to me this makes my day all the hard work was paid off.
Pros
Gross complainer, Walkout gangs, Guest refuse to tip
Cons
Employee's Tardiness, Excessive Absentism, No call no show
Hotels are wonderful places to work, especially in large metropolitan areas. Most are union and all have decent wages. Being at some major hotel chains can include discounted rooms at some of their other properties, which is great for vacation time. Hotels are open 365 days a year and shifts are 24/7. If you are just starting out and are fortunate enough to get hired, just know that your schedule to work will be the last one wanted by those senior to you in that department. In other words, expect to work nights, weekends, early mornings, and most holidays. Eventually, you will move up in seniority and have a great fit.
Pros
benefit package, free or inexpensive good meals prepared by hotel chefs, friendly staff
Cons
seniority rules as far as a schedule goes, you would first take what's available for a period of undetermined time. time clocks in and out, breaks included.
The hotel was managed by Interstate Hotels and they provided the management leaadership and benefits. Overall the hotel was a good place to work. I was able to gain more experience in the sales and the necessary processes. This last year they had a number of management changes and this impacted some of the decisions being made. The hotel is currently undergoing a major renovations on the guest rooms.
Pros
great benefits and training
Cons
reputation of holiday inn for social events and meetings
When I was working there, I met the customers from all over the world every day, which improved my communication skills a lot. Besides that, I also learned a lot of skills about computer, stocking, pricing, merchandise placement, and information about travelling. My most impressing day there was a super busy day. The costumers came endlessly, and I kept selling and talking for almost eight hours. After I returned home, I fell in bed and got a headache. Working in the shop, I felt so blessed that I could know a group of smart, energetic, and hard-working co-workers. We helped each other often. However, the policies there were messy. We had four bosses. Everyone had different opinions, so the policies always changes, which makes the employees so confused and stressed sometimes.
Pros
employee discount, computer supplied
Cons
short beaks, no healthcare, poor work policies