Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Showing all 21,574 reviews
Marriot termasuk hotel bintang 5 di surabaya dan pengalaman yang saya dapat dari hotel marriot sangat banyak sekali dan bisa berguna buat mengembangkan keahlian saya.
When Marriott take over management. work been stressful, sad, alone. They fire me for no reason I been working for them for 8 years. I never not come to work they send me home telling me they don’t have work for me and then put on the schedule with out my knowledge so I miss work three days. Now they fire me. Oh to mind you on my first day at the job they told fun understand, caring, loving and a place of opportunity, and growth. It was all a lie they don’t want to see us housekeeping grown.
Cons
Management is great. Team environment. Shift is good for me. Great opportunities, good training. Pleasant place to work. Great company to work for with good benefits.
My total 16 year was very educational, cultural, professional, diversified and inclusion based. Ending my career with mixed emotions, the positive relationships and overall Marriott experience was mutually beneficial and will last a lifetime. Great and blessed to have been a part of the #1 Hospitably and Lodging industry in the world. Dexter
Pros
Cross Utilization training, upward mobility, strategic locations, benefits, educational leadership
Cons
grievances, implementation, fairness
Might be a while before everyone gets on the same page. Systems never work, coworkers are awesome. A lot of the good managers are gone. No consistency
A company that can give you a lot of opportunities to build your career with passion. Great benefits that will make you will that you are an integral part of this Icon in the Hospitality Industry. Very diverse working environment.
Great training, great experience for management. a lot of turnover due to burnout, start at 7:00 am work 10 htes, grab a break when you can. constantly moving, putting out fires.
Pros
training
Cons
compensation
it was hard at first working in hotel dealing with guest but became second nature as i learned the art of hosting.now i enjoy going to work,and helping the guest.
Pros
my boss is very easy to work for.
Cons
i work the night shift
The whole package about the company is they are truly good caring people. They have many programs to help you if you want the help. Programs for, getting out of debt. Programs for releasing stress. There's a lot more that they provide
Pros
Delicious lunch that were cooked by the company chef.
Cons
Lunch and break not long enough
It is a great company to work for they appreciate hard and dedicated workers they have great benefits and discounts , everyone here is friendly and treats each other with respect.
Cons
Great company, great benefits, family oriented. I worked in one of the call centers. Loved my position, moved up in the company quickly. However, due to Covid my position was eliminated. Our management at the center was great, however upper management cared more about tenure then performance. Employees were kept that were on their last leg due to performance issues, instead of employees who had worked hard to get where they were and had no performance or attendance issues. Therefore job security is lacking for those who work hard. However, every other aspect of working there was amazing and I truly miss my Marriott Family!
Pros
Benefits, Pto, fun celebrations, center management is great, room for advancement
Cons
Job security due to Covid, Tenure more important then better performance.
You have the opportunity to learn a great deal and advance with the company. Still more than anything, the work environment is respectful, polite, honest, and friendly. Its not perfect because we are humans, but there is definitely an intent to get people to the next level with more care and concern than a person would expect. Just really good relationships and associate activities as well.
Pros
Caring about the associates who work there
Cons
Up and down busy seasons, which is expected in hospitality
Honestly like any job, it is what you make of it. Nine times out of ten, the customers are nice and easy to get along with. Just don't let that one ruin your day. Management team is very helpful and supportive. They genuinely WANT to see you do well. Side note, the month of fully paid training prepares you so well for the job and the trainers are very helpful with any questions you might have.
Pros
Paid training, helping people plan trips, good company culture
Cons
Low pay, escalated calls
The job can be a little bit boring sometimes. After training I felt very prepared to work. The pay is okay, and management is super helpful most of the time.
Pros
management, easy
Cons
boring
If I have a chance to work there again, I would do that without having to think about it. Rooms Division Manager very professional and always there to support line managers
Pros
Free staff transport, staff meal
Cons
Fair working hours
I was a seasonal worker that contracted Covid19. I had only been with the company for a month, and worked one shift! Marriott called me to advise me about "COVID-19 pay". I couldn't believe it. They directly deposited the pay and it literally saved me. I will never be able to say enough about how amazing Marriott International is as a employee focused employer.
Pros
Free lunch. (i.e.) Salmon & pasta, easy scheduling with flexibility. Wonderful work environment
Cons
None!
I would love to back with my family and do what I love !! Take care my guest !!!! It is very interesting work with many culture and learn! The space working with the company is fantastic ! Company help the employee as much they can !
Pros
Cons
Everything perfect
Desde o momento em que entrei na empresa,percebi que ali poderia crescer, me desenvolver, de uma forma mais ampla, independente do setor que eu esteja. É muito bom saber que você tem a liberdade de conhecer outros setores. Tudo isso é conhecimento, algo que me estima a seguir.
Pros
Temos refeicão no local. Antes da pandemia tinhamos lugares para descanso, jogos para distracão.
During Covid, every property did what they wanted. Kept people that had no purpose at the job and let go of the ppl that has worked there many years.
Pros
Hotel discounts
Cons
Loved the Management and staff. All of my peers were very helpful. They look after you very well and make sure that you are an essential part of the team,The human resources department are very accomidating.
For the length of my stay at Marriott, I enjoyed the rapport and cooperation I had with my coworkers and upper level directors and supervisors. Thanks
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
None!