Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Security is great. The employees are versatile and all greets you like family. It’s a welcoming place and you feel how great the environment is when you first walk in. Management is great, schedule is flexible, benefits are wonderful.
Pros
Weekly pay, dental and health benefits, HR helps you progress in your career with the company
Wonderful benefits great pay I loved my job it’s been good the customers are amazing the cleaners are amazing the staff also the CEO believes in great ethics
OverallLoved working there. Covid changed things for us. So it was impossible to stick around through all the bad. But I would go back in a heart beat. Literally.
I had no complaints honestly. Great place to work. Great pay. Great benefits. Great management. Great work culture. Loved everything about this place.
very catty environment. Management is big contribution to that. Disrespects and undermines staff in front of guests. very unprofessional workplace. Not much Opportunity for growth.
Pros
good money when busy
Cons
long unrealistic shifts, short breaks, catty environment with managers
I enjoyed my job. I feel energized when I am at work . I feel very good when we as team exceed our customers expectations and make them feel welcomed.We delight and surprise our customers every day and also we create memorable moments for them everyday.
Pros
Employees opinions matter. Good benefits
Cons
Pay
I have worked for Marriott for almost 3 years now, and I love it. great benefits as well. the work culture is very inclusive, and they hire people from all walks of life.
I have thoroughly enjoyed working with Marriott, however Covid-19 has different plans for my future. The overall culture prior to the pandemic was positive and enjoyable.
Marriott is a great place to learn and grow as a manager. I learned a lot about team building and proper communication skills. I learned how to work in fast pace environments and developed great critical thinking skills.
I'm raising my children by working for Marriott hotel as a cook II I enjoy going to work and seeing the guests making sure they come back again. Before covid-19 I would have been at work right now with my coworkers doing what we love best.
Pros
Hard work pays off.
Cons
If you are lazy its not for you.
It’s really hard word for $11-12 an hour. The company has an excellent on boarding process but make sure you know what position you applied for because they will lowball you.
I enjoyed switching from pastry to savory. Interacting with guests was always enjoyable. Hospitality was always top of the list for me. The management at Marriott lacked for me. No real instruction or definition and not organization.
Very very professional and friendly I always try to solve anything if there’s a problem with your room your food they will make it a great stayThey have great they have a great for spa and if you like to have any kind of office meetings they are available for that to
If you take care of your associates they will take care of your guests and your guests will keep coming back. Founder Mr. Marriott built the company on this principle.
I was very happy working for the Marriott, my co workers were also hard working, there was room for growth. The kitchen would cook and we were only charged $5 lunch that was great!!!!! I was always able to cross-train and that was important because I did not have a degree.
This is a wonderful place to work very friendly diverse community and very friendly managers always helpful a wonderful HR department that is very helpful at all times
On my first day at the Airport Marriott Hotel, I met Mr. Marriott. I also had the opportunity of meeting David Marriott. Our hotel received Hotel of the year and our Regional Team along with David Marriott came to personally serve our staff lunch. There are no words to explain my employment experience with Marriott. I have been in the industry for over 30 years and will always keep Marriott as the best employers.
Pros
The company makes you feel good about the services you provice
Cons
No cons, Marriott sets the best example of being a GREAT Employer
This Brand offers tremendous potential for growth, beautiful workplace culture, and excellent brand standards. In my opinion, The hardest part of the job as a bartender is to be able to successfully build a connection to each and every guest. On the contrary, the most enjoyable part is getting the opportunity to meet and interact with new people from vivid cultures.
Great company to work for. Will work for it again. Lots of perks and benefits. Opportunity for growth. Helps with travel. Job is transferable. Get the opportunity to meet many different people from different places.
You get more hours if u need them..And they have great benefits..You always have the opportunity to move up in ranks if u complete the the required qualifications
Marriott is a company that provides some great benefits. It has surprised me that during this pandemic more wasn’t done for employees. Many were furloughed with little notice or options.
Pros
Discount for hotel stays: flexible hours for part time as well as full time employees
Cons
Loss of wages without notification