Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Security is great. The employees are versatile and all greets you like family. It’s a welcoming place and you feel how great the environment is when you first walk in. Management is great, schedule is flexible, benefits are wonderful.
Pros
Weekly pay, dental and health benefits, HR helps you progress in your career with the company
Never want to work for a franchise again. Raises are not compatible to other hotels in the area. poor management. There is really not much more to say.
The managers don’t do nothing other than complain and breathe down my neck rushing me EVERY DAY. I hate my job. It pays well but, I need something different. I need something I can enjoy.
Working for this company through a temp agency was not so much of a good experience. Work hours were given were short and very little pay. Maybe if I would have worked directly through the company, it may have been a better outcome.
I enjoy my job. I learn something new everyday. I would recommend this as a place of employment. Great benefits, vacation and pto available. Full time work hours
I was super excited to work for this company starting off, and come to realize that this is not what I signed up for. It’s hard to trust a company that doesn’t appreciate nor stand by their employees. I’ve always enjoyed working with the group of people that I worked with, but for some reason management and this company in whole, is just really shady and untrustworthy! It’s hard to feel like you can create an career with this company.
It really depends what property you are at It seems every property has its own culture which can make or break the quality of life at work It seems like smaller properties are better
The Marriott is a very fun and fast pace to work. It gets very busy and its very productive. The staff is great, the guest is amazing and you get to interact with great people
Strong, close team. Top level managers who keep associates engaged. Understands the forecast\Financials. Company appreciates the team effort. Is a good neighbor.
I love talking and keeping a smile on people’s faces. I feel like I can communicate with anyone that I work around. I’ll go out my way to help anyone in need of help.
Great company to work for, easy advancement within the company. Always encouraged to learn different aspects of the hotel. Great work environment and great benefits
No room for any mistakes. They will terminate you if guests wrongfully accuse or complain about you. They don’t look out for their employees. They are guest driven and will let you know it every time with a write up if a guest complains about you. Lookout - If you are suspended, consider it a termination, because they won’t bring you back! Couldn’t work in such a plantation like organization!
I dont have anything g I want to change Marriott was great I have no complaints about anything I work and stay there if possible anyone would love them
The workers were great/ GM was interesting/ my manager was a decent man . There was no room for me to evolve and grow so I had to make a decision for my family to carry on
Pros
grreat enviornment
Cons
not enough support
It depends on which Marriott property you work at. Avoid Atlanta Marriott Marquis at all cost especially Loss prevention department the pay is horrible and there's no manpower.
Nice for a start or for experience. Fortune 500 with corporate office in MD. All locations are different. Some cultures are more flexible and friendly than others. In the position before I left I was miserable. In my first position I was happy and thriving
Great place for people to work ,they have good jobs also the people are very friendly. They will let you work overtime They also have good benefits.
The company provides many opportunities to grow and learn within each level of your position. They offer tuition reimbursement with is a great avenue for advancement. Stay positive and move forward.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
some managers need more patience
Greeted guest, registered, and assign rooms make and confirm reservations Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts • Talking to customers over the phone to resolve their questions or concerns. • Update customer records in the computer system. • . Escalate customer complaints and/or calls to your manager when necessary.C
You won’t make a lot of money. But the people are nice and the benefits are great. Especially the health insurance. If you want decent money then be a manager or chef or something like that. This is a service driven job so most make money off tips. It’s just okay.
Every location is different and managed by a different company. I've worked for the Marriott at a few different locations and no experience has been the same.