Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Security is great. The employees are versatile and all greets you like family. It’s a welcoming place and you feel how great the environment is when you first walk in. Management is great, schedule is flexible, benefits are wonderful.
Pros
Weekly pay, dental and health benefits, HR helps you progress in your career with the company
A typical day at work for me would be coming in getting everything pool ready as far as chair cushions, waters, towels, and ice. The hardest part of the job is working outside in the heat all day.
It has good benefits. Take advantage of lateral service because when it's no hours you have alot of days off. Learn different stuff in other departments so you can work when your department is slow
Marriott Is a company toy can work at and feel comfortable. There is really no ethnic bias at the Marriott. Allot of companies claim to remove the ethnic barriers but this isn't true. Marriott is a great company to work for where anyone can flourish. Also, other companies tend to hire within or "Internally". This isn't the case with the Marriott Internation INC. They will hire from outside as well.
I will not tell anyone about this job the pay is to low and it's to much work for that low pay if you want someone to clean up rooms right pay them the right money.
Not many staff to cover shifts. Mangement needs a lot of work in house. No teamwork is put in working there. Not really a job for a good worker. Pay is not to great.
Pros
Discount on lunch
Cons
Breaks are short
Coming into the role, fresh out of college it was fun, but i would soon realize the shortcomings that came with being in management with a major company like this.
The environment encourages growth if you feel you ready and willing to take on the responsibility. Tons of training is available, and managers are willing to teach you.
Having a great supervisor makes a great team. Team Robbie! I love going to work. This far my experience has been great. The discount on the rooms when traveling is a great perk!
You go in work your hours and thats it. They don't really set themselves apart from other companies. Free lunch is ok and the HR department do try to make it that everyone feel welcome but the building is old and its kinda of disheartening to always hear guest complaining about the place you work at.
Pros
Free lunch, Cheap Healthcare
Cons
Micromanaging
Is too hard the work, the communication is too poor with the Hispanic or Latin people. I think so that they need more people in the administration that speak Spanish.
They basically try to trap you by keeping you working the same position at the same property forever. To make a long story short I ended up unemployed for three weeks because they played games when I moved and requested a transfer. Had to find another job and work for another company. EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL
The St. Regis Atlanta is the best address in the city. It is a luxury hotel located in Buckhead Atlanta. We curate memorable experiences for all of our guests.
Pros
free lunch, discounts for all Marriott properties
Cons
24/7, 365 business
the most enjoyable part about the job was when we had a lot of stay overs. we as housekeepers we never got any help from the housemen. the management didn't care if you was hurt. just as long you finished there rooms.
Everyone there is great to work with even the custormus are great they make working there very awsome they have different evnts every year like dragoncon witch I love very much
I love what I do so working there was excellent. I love who I work with everyone is so nice and friendly. They really care for you it’s like family there.
We were ranked top 5 marriotts in the nation. So personality and hard work was a must. We Provided friendly service to all guests that entered hotel. Handled luggage with extra care while delivering to our guest room/suit, just to name a few things.
The Operation Manager play favorite with his employees at the location I work he didn’t treat u fair across the broad u where good as long as ur a female
As a Culinary Internship In Atlanta Marriott Marquis, they give me a task performed with a specific objective for each phase. I worked in a different Kitchen. Like banquet operation, breakfast buffet and A la Carte Menu. I work I've learned to be independent and I gain my skills and experience. And I enjoyed working with other people and I enjoyed being part of the Marriott Team.
Management truly sucks. From the General manager to the managers to the supervisors. They all party together, gossip together and steal whatever tip the guest may leave at the front desk or in the room. They are not very professional and very messy. Don't tell them your business unless you want it to be all over the hotel. Sad to say, but it's TRUE.
Benefits
Cons
N/a
Great company to work for if you really want to work in the hospitality industry because advancement is possible from an early start. The benefits are great and the team members I worked for are amazing.