Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Security is great. The employees are versatile and all greets you like family. It’s a welcoming place and you feel how great the environment is when you first walk in. Management is great, schedule is flexible, benefits are wonderful.
Pros
Weekly pay, dental and health benefits, HR helps you progress in your career with the company
I enjoyed working here. I love and miss my co-workers, they became my second family. It was a fun journey working in Atlanta Marriott Marquis but a challenging one as well. I made it alive and I would love to comeback if I have a chance to go back in America
Excellent place to work and learn would love to advance in this company excellent environment great learning group to advancement I hope to be promoted
It’s a great place to work you can learn a lot if you willing to. And very good people who are willing to teach you great benefits and all that take care of you
Good company to work for will work with u good good good good company cares about there people all the time go Marriott-International thank you for everything
I'm a current employee. I've had co-workers who were great at their job be fired for no reason other than the fact that the managers didn't like them. This company also discriminates against Christians, while working here I have had Muslims try to convert me more than once. I've witnessed a manager talking about islam with employees on the job. Its a hostile, environment and I plan to leave as soon as possible.
Cons
horrible managers, low pay, unreasonable hours, religious discrimination, hostile working environment, Anti-christian
Wonderful environment. Great managers. Marvelous health benefit package. Outstanding retirement package. Concerned coworkers. Human Resources easy to talk to.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
This Hotel Compnay is one of the best company not only here in the philippines but all around the world. Based on my experience while i'm working in this hotel company their management was very professional and nice to their employees. Being a Host/Receptionist in that compnay was a great oppurtunity for me because I've got a chance to work in a prestigious hotel and as well as the Managers who are very professional towards their job. My managers taught me to engage with guests problems and conecerns they trained me very well for me to assist the guests properly and to give them the best service ever. Sometimes there are a lot of guests who had a lot complains and difficult to please but with the help of my manager's advice I can resolve the guests issue by talking and explaining to them nicely. Overall this compnay is the best and it helps me build my self confidence and trust to myself.
Pros
Free Lunch, Hotel Discounts
Cons
Overtime, Good Salary
I came to the Marriott Internship ( In food and beverage) because of the learning opportunities I was promised. Yet Marriott really fell short. The food and beverage internship consisted of making coffee and running room service, not working on intern projects, shadowing managers and learning how to run the operation that I was told it entailed. The culture at my specific property was rough, with people cursing eachother out and fights happening frequently, as well as a very slow environment in general. I made no connections with the people I worked with, as they had all been there for 20+ years and did not care about the new kid. Management was uninvolved, and just wanted me to fill gaps of people being sick vs actually learning anything at all. I think Marriott as a whole is an amazing company and brand, but this internship and location does not meet the mark.
Worked many hours never had time for life situations. God forbid you take a weekend off, you’ll work 14 days before another day off. You’ll learn a lot but at what cost.
Most days are as expected as a houseman at an hotel, but there and always a few days of the week where they show unprofessional ways of training. it got so bad that a month into me starting i was training foreigners though i was not thoroughly trained myself so i ended up training the the way i did things which they did not like.
Great foundation for my hospitality career. Lots of support and training from mentors and persons who truly care about the individual and really want to make a difference.
Awesome team, very good place to work! Executive committee was amazing to work with. Very open to suggestions and wasn’t micro-managed. Enjoyed meeting with new guests daily, as well as learning to keep bees.
Pros
75% discount off menu for food. Great benefits
Cons
If you need easy weekly cash, great job. If you want to work 100hrs/wk, great job. Low pay. High turnover rates in every position. Hotel discounts ok.
Pros
Weekly pay. Hotel discounts. Overtime avail
Cons
Low hourly pay. High turnover rate
A typical day for me is to check in and check out the guest. To follow with the guest on any issues like housekeeping, parking, and engineering and etc, Also if I need to help out in housekeeping and make the beds and detail the room. Help out the check outs. Also sometime they need help in starbucks coffee shop and I make coffee and make the customers happy as well.
Pros
schedule Flexibility paid time off
Marriott international is a wonderful company to work for.With working for this company, it shall introduce you to new working talents. Meeting new people and building relationships is a plus.
Great experience. I learned a lot at the Westin. Met a lot of new people, different characters and personalities. Always enjoyed serving guest and finding out how there day was going or what happened to leave them so stressed out. Loved talking to customers and allowing them to vent while they relax and have a meal.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours
I worked at the Marriott International for 1 yr and 4 months. I got the job thru a temp agency. It was a very casual and relaxed environment. The people were nice enough and there were always catered lunches, so that was nice. The only problem I had was getting paid because the manager that was eventually over me, was always Mia when it was time to get my timesheet approved. That was a hassle and one time I didn't get paid and I had to wait until a week later and she acted like she didn't really care. Something else I noticed was the turn over of employees. People were coming and going like a revolving door. So hmmm, it must be something about working there that's not that great if you are a permanent full time employee. What I liked the most was, the people that worked there were always polite and respectful and for me that goes a long way.
Pros
The employees were always polite and respectful and the catered lunches
Cons
The pay was low and It was hard getting my timesheet approved
I found the Marriott culture to be very GOOD OLE BOY. Minorities are under utilized. There is a lot of favoritism. They are not open to really and sincerely promoting minority talent.
You get a chance to come across the paths of people you wouldn’t get the chance to on an everyday basis. ........................................................
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Great organization to work for. Learned a lot in the hospitality business, but the organization culuture is changing rapidly and people are no longer valued!
Pros
Great organization, offers opportunities to grow.
Cons
Losing their initial family oriented culture!