Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Agent

I get fairly paid for my job. There are opportunities for employees to be transferred to other departments or to get promoted. Benefits are great. Interview was quick. Most coworkers are friendly and supportive. Management could use some improvements. From my personal experience, management expects you to be trained by others and not them. Some are easily irritated when you ask questions. Seniority exists in the workplace so expect to be of low priority in terms of vacation requests or shift changes.
Benefits
Cons
Customer Complaints, Management
Marriott is a company that provides some great benefits. It has surprised me that during this pandemic more wasn’t done for employees. Many were furloughed with little notice or options.
Pros
Discount for hotel stays: flexible hours for part time as well as full time employees
Cons
Loss of wages without notification
I worked at Marriott from June 2015 to Oct 2016, and I only ended up leaving to pursue my higher education full-time. One of the best jobs I ever had- they say "take care of your employees and they will take care of your guests" and they mean it. One warning to my fellow women- you will occasionally get calls from creepy men who treat this as a s*x line. The company encourages you to hang up on them and call a lead if you need someone to talk to about what you went through. They know it's a workplace hazard for women and they really do treat it as a serious issue!
Good management good pay good professional people good place to work overall they get training treat you with respect treat you good they give you enough work
Great company to work for if you really want to work in the hospitality industry because advancement is possible from an early start. The benefits are great and the team members I worked for are amazing.
This is great company to work for if you like customer service call centers. The mangers are awesome and 90% of calls are nice and pleasant. Great pay
Pros
AWESOME PAY even with no experience
Cons
Health Insurance is Crazy High
I worked at the Marriott Waterfront in Baltimore in 2001 and the job started off great. The employees were good to get along with at first and the benefits are good. I received a pay raise not long after working there and I liked the fact that the employees wear uniforms. After a while I saw favoritism against certain races of people and they actually had the audacity to call me in to work after the 911 crashes and said they would pay for a cab for me to get there. Temp employees from foreign countries were looked at like ooh la la while most US born citizens were taken for granted. The benefits were good and so were the breaks. I hate their policy on when an employee gets fired, corporate will put a Do Not Rehire code beside your name and you can never work for any Marriott again or any hotel under their management. Bad policy!
Pros
Free meals, drinks and uniforms
Cons
Managers looking out for certain people and employees throwing each other under the bus.
I am currently employed and I enjoy working for the company. I feel as if this role is perfect for college students and students who are truly interested in climbing the ladder within hospitality. The pay is average for the ro0le and location and the work-life balance is great if you like flexibl;e schedules.
Fast-paced, understaffed work environment Needs more organizing Group effort is commendable Higher pay desirable Better communication Good benefits
Pros
Effort to advance the company
Cons
Disorganized, lack of communication
If you like hospitality this company is for you. The say employees are as important to them as the costumers. This is true for the company but every location is different and not every GM is great. Pay is decent benefits are usually good.
the job was a good place to work but management needs to be revamped. The co workers stuck together and made the job a fun place to be. Unity among co workers. executive team was not great
The Norfolk Waterside Marriott was an awesome place to work, large hotel with a huge room population. This place was fantastic to work at the hotel was beautiful all the employees including the GM were so loving and just a joy to work with. I was an AYS agent and all of us were trained in every aspect of the hotel so that if at any point there was a need we could fill it including our own jobs. Such a fun place!!
Pros
So so busy
Cons
none absolute joy to work there
Marriott Marquis has taught me patience and helped me gain the necessary skills needed to become a positive asset in the workplace. Also, I had the opportunity to build delightful relationships with others here at the Marriott.
My typical day at work is to help everybody but also get my tasks done as well. Assisting guest with reservations as well account maintenance. The hardest part of the just is to find the answers you need right away without having someone on hole for a long period of time.
Pros
Longer lunches free lunches
Cons
health care 401k
During my time at the Marriott I enjoyed my coworkers however management was very lackluster, incompetent , conniving And quick to pass out writes ups without hesitation .This is the worst company to ever work for .
Pros
Direct deposit is offered and free lunch
Cons
Horrible management, poor parking availability, poor management
This was a great experience, I learned a lot about customer service and making sure that the guests had everything to make their stay a bit better. My direct manager, was also amazing. Through her management, I learned that with the right guidance, you can truly go far. She was humble, very nice, but also very strict. If I can be like any manager, I would choose to model my management style after hers.
Busy with guest encounters keeping track of daily check list Answering guest inquiries. Enjoyable job competitive pay and flexible with scheduling. Lovely Managers
It's a good job u can control your hours you work from home witch is the best thing ever no paying for parking or having to be stuck in traffic everyday overall a good place to work.
They have friendly staff. I learned how to be more independent and wiser. It helped me grow as a better person. I've learned that in every problem or challenges that you may encounter, you have to adapt and give the best solution as possible. Assisting the guests with their request and needs are the best and enjoyable experience for me, because I satisfied their expectation towards our hotel.
Love the awards and incentive. Great company to move up in. 401 k, paid vacation, travel the world to different hotels for great prices. Meet people from all over the world, including actors and famous people.
Pros
Increase knowledge of the hotel industry
Cons
V.I.P. guest high maintenance
never knowing what to expect when one answers the phone is a rather sensational rush of emotions that carries over to your representation and customer service response