Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Bartender

I have always enjoyed my job and assisting customers. Everyday is different and exciting and you meet people from all walks of life. Have always felt appreciated and valued in my role.
Great place to work while in college or to start an early career! Very systematic with plenty to learn and experience! Bartending and Serving positions are rewarding in pay!
Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Marriott International, Inc. are good and reach all of my needs and my family needs. The staff is friendly and management really cares about your success
Rotating managers constantly. Favoritism by managers. Great perks for Marriott rates. Met some great customers that became friends over time. Consistant hours.
Pros
Staff fed
Cons
short to no breaks
very catty environment. Management is big contribution to that. Disrespects and undermines staff in front of guests. very unprofessional workplace. Not much Opportunity for growth.
Pros
good money when busy
Cons
long unrealistic shifts, short breaks, catty environment with managers
Es una empresa que decearia regresar de nuevo excelente empresa
Pros
Seguro medico
Cons
Hay descanso
Great place to work for the most part, its an easy job outside of the lack of good management. Head chef is super awesome and most of the staff work well as a team just a few bad apples that bring the entire experience to a low.
Pros
great money easy job
Cons
bad managers
Got hired on as a server in the inside restaurant and while most of my shift would be fine, the morning staff would be lazy and not take care of responsibilities. I'd end up having to take care of what they didn't all before my shift started which would include polishing dirty silverware left out on tables that they also didn't clean properly and refilling stock that they also didnt do.
Pros
Great work and get some fine dining experience
Cons
Lazy coworkers
Nice place to work. Business in the bar and restaurant depends on occupancy. Weddings, conventions, make up a majority of the hotels business... the business in the bar and restaurant can be either very slow or very busy, but there is always something to do. Good co workers, everyone works well together. I have learned a lot since working here and enjoy my work.
Pros
free lunches, discounts, benefits program
Cons
I worked for this company for almost 10 years, I don't have anything bad to say about Marriott. This company give me many opportunities to get success in my career, my personal life and the managers were always able to help me up when I need it. Even that I am not part of this company anymore because the COVID19, I feel Marriott Company will be part of my life forever. I have to start a new chapter in my life but I will take the company in my heart.
Pros
People is the most important part for this company.
Cons
No negative coments.
The bar and kitchen are both beautiful and clean. about 40% of guests are recurring so it is easy to appease regulars and create a friendly atmosphere. The bartender is also the cook for dinner so you have to be ready to be away from the bar to prepare quick meals, but customers are usually very understanding of the time management needed to satisfy all customer needs.
● OverallI like to work in the Marriot international inc cause it gives me the chance to improve my self also it’s a very good environment to work We have many good basics like look at everyone in the eyes and smile, speak first and last , discover and delight so we can make it right and too many other skills to gain
Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a publicCritical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authorsAllegations of illegal activity - this is not a forum for reporting crimesDefamatory content forum
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Tacaños a mas no poder.Siendo un hotel de lujo de cadena Internacional, no te proveen uniformes y si llevas los propios te los pierden en la lavandería. La comida es extremadamente mala y a veces incomible. No hay herramientas de trabajo ni insumos para los propios huéspedes. Está en una pésima ubicación apoderándose de la banqueta (ha tenido multas por parte del ayuntamiento) lo que hace que en temporal de lluvia se inunden los pisos de estacionamiento, los empleados deben realizar actividades riesgosas, reciéntenme despidieron injustamente empleados de distintas áreas por no haber impedido que se inundara siendo que no estaban capacitados ni les habían dado inducción alguna poniendo en riesgo sus vidas, no había ningún encargado ni gerente en turno por ahorrar fondos, que es lo único que les importa, la compuerta que detiene el agua no sirve y también para ahorrar no la arreglaron. Dejaron sin trabajo a mucha gente que no tenía la culpa por su pésima administración y falta de liderazgo. Solían ser una buena empresa y prestigioso Hotel pero cayó en pésimas manos. También de mala fe, te hacen firmar un acuerdo donde dice que tú solicitaste que te reduzcan la jornada laboral para pagarte menos.
Pros
Nada
Cons
Salario, Trato digno, Comida, Uniformes
Was skeptical to work for another large corporation, seeing as most large organizations focus more on the bottom line then the people working to help reach it. When I was approached by Marriott I decided to work with them because they seemed different. They seemed to promote a healthy, encouraging environment intent on building future leaders. It does not. They had great benefits, decent pay, reasonable schedule all the things you want and need but with it comes an environment that punishes those who speak out about conflicting corporate messages and promotes those who are willing to go along with status quo. My hours were cut from 30 to 28.5, just enough that I no longer qualified for insurance. I wasn’t informed of this until I tried to use my benefits. When brought to their attention I was blamed for not keeping track. Had to wait 90 days for benefits. Difficulties existed for anyone who spoke out against methods not in line with company philosophy. I was considered a difficult employee who had expectations of my leadership and as a result coincidentally received a customer complaint about my work performance, specifically my attitude towards guests. If you are the kind of person who can just work a job, this could be a great fit for you. Just don’t try to change, improve, or contribute anything you’ll do just fine. If you’re not a robot and you have a standard you might be able to navigate through. I was not one of those people, better luck next time.
Pros
They had great benefits, decent pay, reasonable schedule, fantastic team mates, interesting and entertaining guests
Cons
poor middle management, culture of entitlement amongst guests, no back-up from managers
Definitely a place where you have the opportunity to explore new career placement. The benefits are extremely important when you consider making this company a career of choice for the long haul.
Pros
discounts at many hotels
Cons
Management support
I have never worked at a place with such great management, starting from the top, all the way down. We are a smaller hotel, but for the most part everyone is a team player. I’ve worked at quite a few places, and I’m my experience, this has been the best company yet! Great benefits, great room discounts!
Pros
Very flexible with scheduling and vacations
Cons
I honestly can’t think of any cons
A fantastic company to work for with a lot of opportunities to grow in your career and as a person. A lot of training offered by the company for me and my colleagues as well I will definitely recommend
Great location and high volume establishment. Managing work flow and club member guest requests was a welcomed challenge. Hihly recommend a visit, drink, or a meal.
Christmas season. Busy and of course be on top of it. Friendly staff. They are well put together and organized to the best they can. Culture was great. Management was on top of it with emails and letting us know when shifts are available.
Full support from management and great benefits offered to employees. Flexible work hours and able to travel with company to different locations. Meet regulars that turn into family.