Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Bartender in Atlanta, GA

It is great place to work if you are people person , I have worked for long time and I had amazing time at the same time there was crazy moment while the hotel is busy n full of guest need help every minute, it could be overwhelming, over all great place , Atlanta marriotte Marriott
very catty environment. Management is big contribution to that. Disrespects and undermines staff in front of guests. very unprofessional workplace. Not much Opportunity for growth.
Pros
good money when busy
Cons
long unrealistic shifts, short breaks, catty environment with managers
It really depends what property you are at It seems every property has its own culture which can make or break the quality of life at work It seems like smaller properties are better
The Marriott is a very fun and fast pace to work. It gets very busy and its very productive. The staff is great, the guest is amazing and you get to interact with great people
Great company to work for, easy advancement within the company. Always encouraged to learn different aspects of the hotel. Great work environment and great benefits
You get a chance to come across the paths of people you wouldn’t get the chance to on an everyday basis. ........................................................
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
I love meeting new co workers from different countries........................Meeting guests from different places is exciting too especially when the guest are frequent stayers. This company cares a lot for their employees.
Management "walks the talk"Management will not ask you to perform a task that they wouldn't perform themselves. They listen when you have a problem, take in consideration when there are family issues.
Pros
I love to serve
Cons
Easy going with different backgrounds and culture in a massive hotel. I learned that Atlanta loves it's sports and are big in college sports. Long hours would be the toughest part of the job. Making money was the easiest.
Pros
2.00$ meals
Cons
off site parking
Loved working with my co-workers, They were all very team players and always try help each other.
Pros
free trannings for the job
Cons
no brak
I worked happy hour. this was the busiest time of day.I learned the ins and outs of bartending. Last time they checked my reference I was eligible for rehire.I really enjoyed the fast pace of this job.
Pros
free meals
Cons
short breaks
A typical day at work would consist of a very busy environment. The bar and the rest of the restaurant was mostly busy 95% of the time. I learned how to craft alcoholic beverages and mix them to perfection. I also learned how to multi- task seeing that I would need to get more than one thing done at a time. I also learned how to work at a very fast pace if necessary. Management was not that well but the associates always worked through, and eventually mastered how to utilize team work. I got along with all of my co-workers and really enjoyed their company while on the job. The hardest part of the job was working long hours, sometimes without any breaks. The most enjoyable part of my job was pleasing my guests and ensuring that they had a satisfied dining experience while I was on the clock.
Pros
Discounted hotel rooms, health and vision benefits
Cons
minimal breaks, management
Setup and break down of the restaurant in the mornings and evenings. Handling of money and customer satisfaction from open to close. It wasn't that difficult of a serving job as we opened at 5 and closed at 10. We got to deal with people from all over the world staying in the hotel and I got to meet alot of interesting customers.
Pros
Great staff, great location, fun place to work
Cons
Terrible management, some days I wouldn't make any money.
A typical day at the Marriott serving and talking to the guest creating great memories,I've learned that there are some awesome people out here. i work with really cool managers and my co-workers and I were like family. The best part about working at the Atlanta Airport Marriott is we were always busy.
Pros
room discounts
Cons
long shifts