Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Director of Human Resources

Have a wonderful team in HR makes me happy and productive. really people can make a difference. the most amusing thing that each day is a unique day has its positive & negative side especially when you have this massive number of employees however it gives me real experience.
Pros
Free Meals, social activities
Cons
Long working day
Strong Core Values as Pillars; multi-cultural environment focused on creating memorable experiences for guests and associates. Strong commitment with a spirit to serve our communities.
The workplace environment is great. You are supported at every level of your career. We have lots of fun at work and often times you forget you are at work.
Marriott is a company that hires qualified candidates that are promotable with within the company. They encourage training and development and opportunities for growth when positions becomes available.
Interact with associates and leaders: -Investigations -FMLA concerns -Payroll discrepancies -Benefits -Due Process Meetings -Participate in First Step Grievances -Pay increases -Management Training -Adhering to the CBA -Making sure leaders are following the CBA -Unemployment Hearings -Attend Arbitrations
Pros
Free lunch and parking
Cons
Great healthcare, 401K match, Pto, Holidays
A very eventful place and fun place to work at. Balanced Culture and provided opportunities for growth. Good Management. Good and fun Place to work at.
Hours were long ypu had to work10 fours per day. Good pay and benefits. If you like to work long hours and weekends. Not a good work/life balance. Assist in advancing your career. Learn various aspects of the job.
Opportunity to become creative, ability to provide secure work environment for the staff. Assuring that all associates feel welcome, appreciated and love coming to work,
this is a great property and it needs more time to truly become an icon in the city. it has great people and potential which will grow with time. people are dedicated
Pros
great product
Cons
new property and needs more marketing
- A typical day at work - HR was my role, I had an open door policy, so some days were spent dealing with issues. Payroll was done every two weeks, meetings, site inspections, work around the property. - What you learned - All people are different, so have more issues than some. Some people can become lifetime friends. - Management - Being at the top is can be lonely sometimes- The hardest part of the job - Having to make unfavorable decisions- The most enjoyable part of the job - Dealing with the everyday running of the HR office.
Pros
HR Role
Cons
HR Role
I have never worked so hard and had so much fun at doing it. Marriott has changed over my tenure, but I had a great career with relocations to 8 states.
 Orchestrate and enforce human resources programs focused on development and maximum results.  Partner with global and senior management teams to develop mid and long-term strategies.  Lead projects with cross-functional teams: changes in structure, mergers and business expansions.  Institute trainings to influence, create and improved a high performance and engagement culture.
Pros
Great Place to work / Great Location
Cons
Parking
I loved every day that I worked there. Awesome staff, teamwork, great work environment. The location made the hotel competitive, lively, and the hotel had a very high occupancy rate.
Great team work and phenomenal leadership from corporate office to properties. Would definitely recommend to anyone seeking employment and to start a career
This multinational hospitality organisation was both fun and challenging with amazing development opportunities. I had the opportunity to work with the best professionals in the business and learn and lead in this environment.
The work experience was wonderful. The corporation's job culture was one of a challenge to perform in excellence for each employee. Customer satisfaction related to employee spirit of excellence through training was the main goal. This job was the utmost experience in employee development - great environment for work.
Pros
Continuos training
Cons
In charge of all aspects of the human resources office. Member of the executive committee. Recruited, trained, and developed staff; approved all terminations. Implemented and enforced Marriott International standard operating procedures. Coordinated associate activities and special events. Member of the training team for the Caribbean and Latin America region.
Pros
Always busy, fun, interesting, responsibility, travel, training, decision making.
Cons
Having to let people go
Great company with such a great employee based culture! Co-workers love what they do and care about others.
Pros
Free lunches, ample opportunity to grow and develop within company, great benefit package
Excellent experience..... loved the campus environment. I was responsible for 4 buildings. Very unique and exciting.
Pros
love the interaction with the employees
Cons
the hotel was located inside the university.
Nothing to note at this time.Starting research on new positions in Phoenix.
This was also a start up HR position for the Amway Arena under the Marriott Umbrella (food service division). We employed approximately 500 employees. In the beginning I spent most of my time bringing files into compliance, developing job descriptions, policies, planning events and recruiting. I enjoyed interacting with employees. I conducted orientation, employee relations, benefits and training. I enjoyed working for Marriott. This company offers their employees support and the opportunity for growth.