Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Found 1,408 reviews matching the search
Great place to work, awesome perks, dealing with guest can be great meeting people from all over. One thing that got to me was that I like to be more active and at times the front desk can be at slow and boring.
Pros
Hotels all over
Cons
Can be slow and boring
ManagementIn general, managers at Marriott International, Inc. are very helpful and show concern for the staff. Selected great team workersOverallMy experience working at Marriott International, Inc. Has been life changing. I am able to be happy and excited about going to work.
I was hired for front desk, during my interview I was told I would be working the bistro a well because of the hotel being so short staffed, but I would only be making minimum wage. During one of my on boarding days the front desk manger was spread pretty thin conducting interviews and working the desk, after seeing that I didn't understand why I was hired for only part time and they were still actively hiring people.
Pros
benefits were nice but they wouldn't be avaliable to me as a part time employee
Cons
the manager wasn't personable at all, horrible pay and expected to have open avalibilty for part time
Continually meeting new guests was the best part of the job, always had interesting interactions. Being in hospitality, working holidays was expected, but off season it was very easy to arrange time off. Advancement opportunities was dependent on departments, as it was possible to reach lead/supervisory positions, but going to management was difficult and often the position would be filled by someone from another property. Having the potential to transfer to other properties provided a good sense of job security for whatever life throws at you. They did provide classes to learn more and help your career. Overall, it was a great place to work.
Pros
Flexibility with shifts, employee discounts, interesting people, ability to transfer to one of thousands of new locations
Cons
Shift often conflicts with family time off (holidays/weekends)
I still look back at my Marriott Training as some of the best foundation to customer service, hospitality, and guest relations. Great training that I will never forget.
Work-life balanceDON'T WORK HEREPay & benefitsNot worth working hereJob security and advancementThey don't care if something happens to youManagementManagement doesn't know what they're doingCultureDrama centralOverallManagement at the hotel I work at has gone downhill drastically. I had a guest put his hands on me in multiple spots, even though I told him more than once I wasn't comfortable with what he was doing. When I told my GM I wasn't comfortable doing night audit anymore, all she said was "give it a few weeks and you'll be fine". So the GM doesn't care about certain employees. She switches up your schedule and doesn't bother to tell you. The hotel is drama central and she doesn't stop it, instead she involves herself in it. There's NOTHING that would change my mind about finding a different job.
I was offered a full time position but was used as a temporary employee to fill in for someone on vacation. I was told this after working for a few days at the location by a co-worker but told something else by manager.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Deception
Gave me an opportunity to meet different ppl. It gave an opportunity to learn about the hotel industry. Got a chance to cross train in different departments.
Pros
Flexible schedule & location
Cons
A typical day consisted of greeting and assisting guests check-in while also handling phone calls and general back office work. Guest experience will obviously depend on location, so keep that in mind. Well-treated guests will return the favor, although some feel as if the benefits the loyalty program provides have decreased in qualify over time.
Pros
Discounted rooms
Cons
Guest experience varies
I had no complaints honestly. Great place to work. Great pay. Great benefits. Great management. Great work culture. Loved everything about this place.
Excellent company to work for. Co workers are great. Management is excellent except for 1 or 2 people. Very unfair. Only 1 really needed a ethics class and proper management training.
Friendly co-workers, met a wide range of guests with different attitudes, and learned how to deal with stressful encounters. Overall a good company to work for.
Pros
Free lunch, employee discounts on hotel rooms, insurance, 401K, good company culture
Cons
Rude guests, slow season, work on weekends
Front desk is my first job, when I was live in France and I was student get a job wasn't easy but my boss give me this job for help me. This adventure opening much opportunities in 9 years I have get much experience.
Pros
Free for the team
Cons
Healthcare, long break
I have worked for Marriott for almost 3 years now, and I love it. great benefits as well. the work culture is very inclusive, and they hire people from all walks of life.
I am writing this in quarantine times after my furlough. I had only been there for a year.Got to experience working at Long Beach Renaissance (CA) and Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach. I loved every moment. This company knows the true meaning of hospitality through authenticity. I reached a new potential in the one year I worked there, both as an individual and as an employee. Such a strong and beautiful people culture, so warm and inclusive. With them you are not just a number, they REALLY make you feel like family. You want to work here. #wewilltravelagain
Pros
everything
Cons
not currently hiring
Working at the front desk, you start to meet people from all over the world. It's really fun to get to know them and learn about their culture. It would get a lot of people at one time but other than that it's a great place to work!
I enjoy working at this company because I was the first point of contact and met different types of people on a daily basis. I assisted guest checking in or checking out of the hotel. Answer all questions in regards to places to visit or eat or simply questions in regards to the hotel. I also helped with directions to specific places.
There are lot to say about this brand. But in some words, its my pleasure working for this brand. Its already been 6 years I am associated with it and I am sure will continue working till I retire.
Pros
Many
Cons
Very less salary in India
Job was easy and simple to catch onto. Training was all computer based which is useless. Coworkers make or break the workplace. Having good communications set up between the different departments is a must. The only systems they allow you to use go down sometimes (more often than they should). You will get yelled at by guests for things out of your control. You will have to deal with all complaints. You will have to deal with drunks if bars are nearby. You will have to deal with homeless people sneaking in to sleep in the corners of the hallways. You will have to deal with people going against rules like smoking in the rooms or pooping on the floors. If your coworkers are fun and dependable, as well as your management, you will enjoy it better. The only reason I stayed as long as I did was because the management team felt like friends and looked after us to the best of their ability and my coworkers were all great people. The only reason I am leaving Marriott in the near future is because I'm sick of dealing with self-entitled guests. So the job itself is really nice, but the customers are trash.
Pros
Discounts at hotel stays
Cons
Self-entitled guests
Marriott is a great company to work for. They take pride in making sure their associates are happy and taken care of. I loved their motto “put people first.”
Pros
Service, professional
Cons
Short breaks
Great business to be apart of. Only downside is they rather promote from outside then internally. But Marriott is still a great place to work and meet new people. With the right people also more opportunities if you amongst the few.