Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent in Atlanta, GA

I had no complaints honestly. Great place to work. Great pay. Great benefits. Great management. Great work culture. Loved everything about this place.
I have worked for Marriott for almost 3 years now, and I love it. great benefits as well. the work culture is very inclusive, and they hire people from all walks of life.
I loved working at this hotel. It is a franchised hotel, and the management company is a great company to work for! I loved the property, the people I worked with and getting to help ensure guest's stays were great.
I'm a current employee. I've had co-workers who were great at their job be fired for no reason other than the fact that the managers didn't like them. This company also discriminates against Christians, while working here I have had Muslims try to convert me more than once. I've witnessed a manager talking about islam with employees on the job. Its a hostile, environment and I plan to leave as soon as possible.
Cons
horrible managers, low pay, unreasonable hours, religious discrimination, hostile working environment, Anti-christian
this company is great to work for if you can handle the daily rush of guest coming in and out overall i learned a lot and if i can work there you can work anywhere
Hated coming to work in this miserable place. Lousy culture and pay, management awful, and those are their good points! Will send ICE there to clean out all those illegals working there!
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Great place to work and to be around great environment enjoyed my co-workers also the people I met at work it was a very busy location..so you know what they say..location..location.
This is a great company to work for. they are willing to work with you and are very under standing. i dont have any complaints as for the company is concerned.
My time at the Marriott was a awesome opprtunity . It was where I started my hospitality career. I worked for 2 different types of brands full service and extended stay and I enjoyed all of my time there. The benifits , the culture , the room for growth and the support system I had there was far from under par.
Pros
The support that I had
Cons
Not being there longer
I really enjoyed the interaction with the guest that came to the hotel. I also had a great report with my fellow employees which made working at the hotel easy.
You get to work with so many different people. Fast paced and you have plenty of room for growth and the benefits are awesome. They also give employees the chance to work in different departments within the hotel
Pros
Free lunch, hotel discount
Cons
you have to be very flexible with your hours
I started at the Marriott in the worldwide call center and was given the opportunity to become concierge during the 1996 Olympics. Marriott has taught me so much about dealing with people different from myself. It was a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Hotel Discounts
Cons
standing on your feet...
Unfortunately being employed by Marriott has not been one of the best experiences I have had with a company, but it definitely taught me a great deal. It taught me how to be balanced, multitask at a fast pace, work with all types of people from all different places of the world and so many other things. A typical day at work starts with a daily check list which is completed by the front desk associate/s on duty. It has various task that need to be completed by certain times and you have to accomplish your task as well as attend to any needs of guest. Guest are always my top priority. It is always my goal to make a guest feel so great that they will only want to work with me and would want to continue to come back over and over again because of how great my service was to them. I like knowing even if they did not experience good service anywhere else they experienced it from me. I have also learned that with management, as well as co-workers, no matter how close or comfortable you all may be, always remain professional and follow all guidelines not to jeopardize yourself. Knowing the rules and regulations is the best way to protect yourself and make a great work environment between both peers and management. The hardest part of the job to be honest was standing up for 8+ hours straight. After a while, you get use to it. Most of the time, you are occupied so you do not really realize. What I enjoy most about my job is assisting the guest who I interact with making our interaction a memorable and lasting impression that they will have during their stay and - more...
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
No Set Schedule, Flex Hours
I started at the Marriott as a mere hostess promoted to concierge to working my way up to Front Office Manager. I was fortunate to work at two properties a corporate and a franchise both provided the most professional atmosphere and excellent work environments. Working in a hotel is a demanding career and requires you to be commutative, efficient and hospitable. There are long hours because the guest and hotel needs come first but promotion is easily obtainable . Every day is different and you are able to meet guest from around the world .
Pros
Servicing guest and compensation
Cons
Long hours and employee turn over can be high
Working for Fairfield Inn was the best thing I could have ever done. This is the first hotel I have ever worked for and I loved It. The staff made me feel so welcome, even though I didn't know what I was doing. But they were all pleased that I was a fast learner. Ever since I have worked at the Fairfield inn that is all I have wanted to, I never thought a job would turn into sometime that I would love to do. It has taught that helping people and making people happy it was most important and thats all that matters.
I love the Marriott. Hands down. Wished they paid more. Nothing else more to say. No bad experiences here. Great management staff no matter what property you go to.
If you're looking for a career change with ample of opportunity to grow, then Marriott is the organization to join. I've had several years in the Marriott Brand hotels and I can say that its been a great experience for my career.
Growth within the hotel is imminent as long as you are willing to apply. The staff is iffy and well diversified and the management is not what it seem. Ultimately keeping to yourself is the way to goes. Trust is not so trustworthy at this hotel.
Pros
Free Lunches, Many awards ceremonies
Cons
Work loads, Unreliable work schedules, Conditional employee
Working for the Marriott hotel is a delight. Serving our frequent guests is a pleasure. The only drawback is the management, often condescending, disorganized, and petty.
A typcial work day consists of meeting alot of new people. Making sure that rooms are clean and up to status. Always making notes of wake up calls, and setting up romantic rooms for guest wanting to do something special.
Pros
Great discounts good lunch
Cons
Insurance is high
Great, friendly, loving environment with great people. The pay was amazing too.