Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent in Atlanta, GA

I was very happy working for the Marriott, my co workers were also hard working, there was room for growth. The kitchen would cook and we were only charged $5 lunch that was great!!!!! I was always able to cross-train and that was important because I did not have a degree.
The environment encourages growth if you feel you ready and willing to take on the responsibility. Tons of training is available, and managers are willing to teach you.
Is too hard the work, the communication is too poor with the Hispanic or Latin people. I think so that they need more people in the administration that speak Spanish.
I appreciated the job but I think it was too fast paced and they require way too much from each employee. If you needed to take a day off it was held against you, if you wanted to call out it was held against you, if you were gonna be late it was held against you. as if people don't have LIVES outside of work, especially college students.
My workday consist of assisting guest with : -reservations -checking in -checking out -guest request -resolving guest issues The team is great with collaborating to ensure the operation is successful
Pros
guests satisfaction
Cons
guests complaints
Working with the hospitality industry, helps you to adjust to various individuals and their personalities. It rounds you off to learn new languages and cultures. I truly enjoyed working with the Marriott Company. The staff was great and the management was fantastic as they believed in training in all departments so every employee can advance and brighten their skill set.
Pros
Discount hotels and travel packages
Cons
salary
Good Benefits, great co workers, management moves around to much to help employees grow, no set hours, schedule changed every week depending on what was happening in hotel
I love working here full time. I love my hours and I enjoy my staff. I love the expectations of me and I do my very best to fulfill them. I love the work experience and how everybody is eager to help.
Looking for upward mobility, no advancement opportunities, little management support. Not culturally driven, no organization
Cons
30 minute lunch breaks, no mid shifts, am or pm only
Not organized, coworkers were okay but the hotel itself wasn't as organized as it could have been.
Pros
$2 lunch everyday
Cons
After walking to get lunch and waiting in line for it, breaks were only about 15 minutes long.
Only can speak for my experience at this Marriott. My workers were wonderful, team players! Management at the location I am currently at not the best need more training. Don't know how to work the front desk & other departments. General manager un-professional. Hardest part about the job is standing long hours. Most enjoyable part is working with the guest, knowing that they are satisfied & you've done your best!
Pros
wonderful co-workers, healthcare
Cons
no free lunch, no insentives, no raises
All hotels strive for four star status. Property receives continual renovations.
Nice company to work for and the pay is a low compared to other hotel industry
I worked night audit which was different. I learned a lot about business.
It was my first work place ! I was so young and energetic, and I wanted to learn and learn! Thank you Marriott Hotel for giving me a chance!
The most enjoyable time was greeting customers and making sure they are taking care of.
Pros
meet alot of people
Cons
short breaks
I love coming to the Marriott everyday. To me its not work i feel like im walking into my second home.
Pros
example: company outtings, great management team
Cons
the health insurance cost to much
> Answering phone calls> How to handle clients needs> Great> Good> Dealing with angry guests> Helping others
I checked guests in and out of the hotel, as well as made reservations. I also performed the night audit in a relief capacity
For this role, you need to be a people person and be able to adapt to change and world cultures
Pros
loved everything about it
Cons
sometimes not enough hours
Great company to work for, in addition to the great location, and actual hotel.
Pros
great personalities of some employees
Cons
management, really doesn't hear employees complaints, and issues