Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Line Cook

A lot happened in the kitchens. Coming from a professional culinary background I was not the biggest fan of how some of their food handling was practiced. Food has to be out of the kitchen is under 5 minutes or it is considered late. If you work here consider it fast food.
Worst workplace ever, never been treated with respect, never had chance to do any training to develop my career, never be treated as the local chefs, never be considered for promotions and rewards as the local chefs, just want to forget about working there.
Best company i ever work, very flexible to work, a lot of training skills and knowledge, very welcome, they take care staff very well like they take care costumer and their self
Cons
Never had
Great placeto work very friendly and good management plus busy and good learning opportutunities international company and plenty opportunity to advance.
Good
Bad
Pay is terrible. Every department is short handed and badly trained. Management could care less about you and helping you succeed. They were trying to back stab each other and other employees in different departments.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
pay, little training, management
It’s really hard word for $11-12 an hour. The company has an excellent on boarding process but make sure you know what position you applied for because they will lowball you.
I worked for Marriott overall 3 years in 2 of their property's here in Aberdeen (Scotland)i can assure any individual whom wants to grow and progress in their careers that Marriott its the place to be.
Pros
Supports grow and progress of their employees
Cons
Flexible schedule
Ok pay and free Benefits.just no help on moving up everything is on your own . Lots of lazy management. Seniority people take advantage of the new employees.
Pros
Free benefits n food
Cons
No help to move up
Like I said, good benefits but management its really bad. They don’t protect there employees they will fired you to keep a guest happy. On the benefits side I think there are on off the best company
great company , they make sure the employees have healthcare , 401k they care about workers , they give you discounts in hotels and monthly parties for appreciation
Pros
party
it's a good place to work. Good pay and benefits. Hours are flexible and can enjoy lots of family time. Being able to enjoy the hotels around the world as an employee is an added bonus!
Marriott is a great company to work for with good benefits, many locations, decent compensation for your work. I would recomend Marriott as an employer to anyone looking for a good long term job.
Great place to work fun in easily not to bad I love this place poeple here is fun loving caring respectful in so on I love the management team here they care about their employees
I left but came back, the grass wasn’t so much greener. Many associates and managers exceed 10-25 year work life. The pay is reasonable and the hours are great!
In charge of the buffet, i was free to create any kind of desserts, it also interesting to work with many cultures, and different people. To work with professional Chef was very exciting, Iearn a lot with my chef who gave me technics, recipes, and processes
It is great to work with marriott,they care for staff, the facilities provided are very fair. It also gives us the opportunity to learn outside our job profile( if working in one department can crosstrain and learn other outlet and in future could work in that outlet.) Marriott fallows time for time if work extra they repay back in matters of money or hours
They don’t pay to scale, management is racist The place is actually run by the servers that have been here forever ! In short the minorities are kept in the back or cleaning rooms
In my time working at a Marriott property I watched as the standard of food and service fell by the wayside to increasing profits. Menu items were slowly replaced with inferior products while keeping the same menu prices.
Is a good place to work at to gain new experiences, and is a good place to keep you busy and working professional. Gives you a good working environment everyday.
All and all it's a good company with opportunity all over the world. How ever to get to that point you have to be there for at least a year. Which I understand but it's hard for them to keep employees that long because the pay is really bad.
My time with Marriott was informative and productive. You will learn on your own with less supervision. Ia have been exposed to different areas in food production and they have taught me to prepare food nice and SEXY
Pros
rate increase
Cons
Too much chef wanna bes