Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Operations Manager

Great work place and challenging at the same time. What i have learned can not be described but it can only be thought. I have enjoyed every minute in the hotel business with it's challenges and that was the main reason i decided to go back and pursue my Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality and hotel Management. I have just relocated in Denver and i am excited to bring all my experience to this new life with a new Company.
It’s a great place to work, feels like one of a big family working together to make it happen, l love all challenges I faced and love being a creative person thinking out of the box, that’s why I been working with Marriott over 24 years in different countries and different brands,
They hotel I work is constantly sold out. Nonstop running, but it made for a quick shift. The guest could sometime be difficult but that is with any customer service job
Great company to work for. Will work for it again. Lots of perks and benefits. Opportunity for growth. Helps with travel. Job is transferable. Get the opportunity to meet many different people from different places.
Avoid if possible, rubbish facilities, one directional hierarchical structure, complete mislabeling of the jobs, rudderless senior leadership, GM and HR incredibly difficult to deal with, lack of ownership of problems, lot of uncertainty about where Marriott want to go and how they are going to get there.
As a hotelier we are commited that working at Marriott group is the best opporrunity you have. I ve learn AUDIT task in all section wich very useful for my knowledged. How to do selection on interview is also above compare the others
Marriott gives you training flexibility Family first Great opportunity management program As the largest hospitality company in the world, Marriott owns and operates more than 30 hotel brands in over 120 countries. ... Marriott was noteworthy for his belief that a great workplace creates great workers. The company has long enjoyed a reputation as a desirable place to work.
this is a very nice company to work for providing that the communication is strong and efficient. there is room to grow and learn about the company. it is also a self promoting company where as you communications with the guest as well as fellow workers can shine a bright career path for your future.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
incentive programs
Was let go because a new manager was hired who did not like me. I had been with the company for years and dedicated alot of my time and energy. If you are not in the click, do not wasre your time
Pros
good benefits
Cons
have to be in with management
They weren't interested in actually hiring me they just wanted dirt on the management company I was currently working for. He also said they have a lot of drama at this location which is not a surprise by what I saw of their leadership. Any manager that sets up "job interviews" just to dig up dirt on the competition isn't going to inspire integrity in their team.
My Marriott was managed by Crestline, which made it a horribly horrendous place to work. Managers are uneducated, and do not understand how to run a business. Crestline as a company is absolutely horrible.
Pros
Cons
Free coffee
Best place to work. The managers, ceo and staff are wonderful. They are for the people in which shows. The discounts and perks are awesome. If your looking to grow with a company you can find it here.
Pros
Great benefits/work life balance
Cons
You have to work most weekends
Working with the Marriott family allowed me to meet some great people,I also gain vase amount of experience .everyday is a new challenge to help you grow.
The company loves to push their talent to the next level. I wish for more managed by Marriott hotel for Chattanooga so the pool of talent can move up quickly!
Coming into the role, fresh out of college it was fun, but i would soon realize the shortcomings that came with being in management with a major company like this.
Working for one of the most successful and service satisfaction places has been an honor. The culture and everything Marriott represents is beyond anything I've witnessed working for the hospitality industry.
I really enjoyed working here. Over the years I have had the opportunity to sharpen my management skills to where I am a well-rounded leader. I would recommend working for this company to anyone.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Up and down schedule
These are the best 4 years of my working experience! Amazing progress I passed through, amazing teams I was part of. I went through so many passions for those 4 years, and ended up as an OPS manager and I loved it! Thank you, Marriott!
I can not say enough great things about Marriott. The opportunities are endless and you are provided with the tools to be as successful as you want to be.
printing out boards, scheduling, having huddle, delegating tasks, deep cleans, give housekeepers daily assignments. Maintaining the hotel interior and exterior.
I learned a lot about what I was capable of. I was a jack of all trades as the Operations Manager at a select service hotel. I enjoyed hiring new employees and doing group trainings.
Pros
room rate discounts
Cons
work hours were not flexible and they are open 24/7