McDermott

McDermott Employee Reviews for Pipefitter

Pipefitter78 reviews

Found 78 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,689 reviews

The psy is fair

Mcdermott is a good place to work there isn't much flexibility in the schedule because of the type of work they do. They like to reward their employees for safety records.

What is the best part of working at the company?Training from others when your new.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Working and not knowing when I'm getting laid off What is the work environment and culture like at the company?We are one family we work together What is a typical day like for you at the company?Planning my work then working my plan.

Great company to work for

I had a very good experience with the McDermott family. I started with CB&I and McDermott bought them out . I didn't know what to expect but it was a great experience.

Pros

Safety and training

Cons

Road life but I signed up for it

Typical construction company

Somes days you had pipe to put on the rack other days you were standing around with no.pipe. they look more at nccer certification than actual experience.

Pros

7 days paid per deim

Cons

Unorganized

Too much of the buddy system and not enough merit on job experience

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at CB&I is the same. Buddy system...you don't feel like a team player cuz they have a team and it doesn't matter about job quality or attendance you'll never be on their team.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at CB&I are under skill averagesJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at CB&I, I think their close to zero .due to the buddy system...if you go to the strip clubs and engage in everything the Superintendent does and don't tell when he comes in half a shift late your good to go. But in the middle of a Company buyout the word is the new company will be laying us off and you decide to quit and seek new employment you'll get black balled by the Superintendent.ManagementIn general, managers at CB&I are average at best..CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at CB&I is untair. They smile to your face while stabbing you in the back soon as you turn around.OverallMy experience working at CB&I was disappointing, I was hoping for a longterm relationship.

not a good company to work for

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at CB&I is more work than life. But this is normal in this industry.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at CB&I are not that great.

Bien

Excelente esxperiencias . Mucha actividades y protocolo de seguridad industrial

Pros

Buen ambiente laboral

Cons

Pocos

Great communication

Great company to work for learned a lot there, I had good formen and management. They really take care of you with their safety standards and you feel safe working for them

Management is trash

They look for any small reason to fire people I was there 4 months and seen at least 40 people fired for no reason I think they didn't want to pay out the completion bonus so got rid of people that was there to long

Cons

There is no good with this company

Ive worked for many companies but mcdermott is by far the worst, and if you work for another contractor they really try and get you blackballed. There formans, cant read blueprints and the gf's cant read them for the formans, the project managers dont look at quality of your work they look to get there buddies hired who dont know anything about plant work. Management is worthless there

Poortly Managed Company

do not ever work for them you will regret it the second that you start! They don't care, management can do whatever they want, they treat you unfair, you go in on your time and leave on theirs!

Great company

Great company to work for. Management was ok. Pay and benefits were excellent. Worked lots of hours with plenty of assignments to keep you busy. Never a dull moment.

Great place to work, enjoyed every minute of it

Great GF’s and foreman’s we had fun and got work safely done. The company really promoted safety on a daily basis and all throughout the day . .5 stars

Ok

Worked with a good group in the field. Job was close to home for me to help with care of elderly parent. Pay was decent. Just no room for advancement ..

Buena

Bastante cantidad de trabajo salarios razonables y buenas opurtunidades

good training classes at cb&i

good company to work for and all the tools you need it for the job always room for advancement good supervision overtime when you needed time off when you need it

Bad management

Was told to do task and I did reluctantly, and when it went bad was fired,forman blaming me for doing what he told me to do, upper management wouldn't even ask me or the co-workers who what when where just bad deal

Satisfied

Overall great place to work. Good training great opportunity to move up in job and had excellent benefits. Only down side is the layoffs when work slows down.

good to work for

good company to work for. staff and craft are good. not much work in Australia more in the usa. if you had a problem they were happy to help in any way.

Pros

good company

Cons

4/1 swing

Plenty of hours

Need to work on upper management. If you’re not in their click you don’t stand a chance. Upper management started making structural hands pipefitters and started laying off true pipefitters.

Pros

Good pay plenty of hours

Cons

Gotta know someone to get on and stay on

Safe Productive work environment

When needing personal time off make sure you request for time off it’s called a TRO and definitely make sure it’s signed and approved by all of your supervison including human resource.

Pros

Good wages

Cons

45 minute bus ride one way without pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDermott. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits