Meta

Meta Employee Reviews

Great benefits and people

Great work life balance. Full time employees have more benefits than contractors. Pay is good. Snacks and game rooms on site. They love people who take initiative and solve problems. Must have good people skills.

good place to work

I have had a great experience working for this company, and was fortunate to travel the world and work with interesting and impressive people. Would recommend working here.

Collaborative culture. Smart people. Impact driven. Empire building and less accountability to users/customers/results.

Collaborative culture. Smart people. Impact driven. Great tools and benefits. Company values employees. Empire building and less accountability to users/customers/results.

laid off

I was laid off before my first day started. Then, I was sent a computer and a phone weeks later that I had to return back.ZERO communication about the lay off

Great experience

Meta is going places! The market may be confused by the move to metaverse operations but this will all make sense in the years to come. Meta is full of the smartest engineers, developers, managers, etc.!

Underpaid

Contractors are extremely underpaid, the $.90 pay raise isn’t enough to actually live and feel secure outside of the job. Micromanaged until the day you leave. Benefits aren’t anything special, bare minimum for employees who work on “data sensitive” content. If my work is so important why underpay everyone who enters the building

Fun place to work

Not a good company to join if you are a family person. You might have to work over time all year around. Every team has their own bar and managers dictate those bars. You might see the same sister team people getting promoted early, even without enough deliverables/achievements.

Terrible

Terrible management, terrible company.There are people in place that shouldn’t be on that level.If you have an opinion or have anything to say, you will be put on their black list.

Becoming worse

I have joined the company since 2018 and enjoyed many benefits but since a couple a years, there seems to be a trend where people are less and less reliable when you need to be accountable as if you failing makes them happy.Don't share more than necessary and succeed.

Standard big-tech job, with the pros and cons that come with that.

Great if you're looking for a big tech job, less great if you're looking for something super scrappy and entrepreneurial. Overall, a solid opportunity.

Productive and fun environment

It is a great company to work for. I had a pretty good work-life balance and interesting projects. The team was supportive^ really smart people work there. Unfortunately I started and finished during the pandemic so I don't have in-person experience with the team and never visited the office.

Love working at Meta!

I’ve been at Meta (previously Facebook) for a few years & overall love it. My team is very close & supportive. I’ve been able to learn a ton and really grow into the role. Meta is a high performance culture so I constantly feel pushed to be better which has been good for my growth but it can lead to some long weeks & mentally tiring.The compensation is very generous compared to my previous role outside of tech. The only con is that the org can be very political (as is true for most big companies) which leads to frustration & as we’ve grown benefits have started to shift. Overall though, the company puts a lot of investment in helping its employees feel fulfilled in their role & if you focus on impact your work will be rewarded.

Pros

Growth potential, free lunch, flexible hours

Cons

High performance culture, lots of work

Innovative company, but suffers from some chaos

I am in a non-tech role at Meta. It is exciting to be at the forefront of some exciting new innovations in the tech space, but the company's structure (or lack thereof) leads to a bit of frustrating chaos that could benefit from a leader early on (rather than the bottom-up development that's common now). Otherwise, the people are great, and the amenities and benefits are hard to beat. I pay very little for health care, and can have all three meals for free if I am in the office. The atmosphere is also flexible with coming in versus working at home, though this may be team-dependent. The performance review system leaves a lot to be desired; there is a lot of pressure to make measurable "impact," and some roles just don't function that way and are more reactive.

Pros

Free meals, flexibility

Cons

A lot of fire drills in non-tech roles

Great Experience

I learned a lot working at Meta (now Facebook). The team is full of incredibly talented, hard-working people and I see big things ahead for the company.

Pros

Good mentorship

Cons

None to note

great place to work

love it here. working on interesting things. Lots of opportunities for advancement. Culture is supportive and inclusive. Transparent communication at all levels.

Below expectations. Poor employee experience

Cannot see the future, team culture varies and Hong Kong office culture is very bad. Was forced to peak mandarin within the team. Manager is biased and bossy.

Pros

Fancy office

Cons

Poor team culture in Hong Kong

Na

Standard 401K benefits. I believe it was a 50/50 match. You could borrow against it and pay back. It was through Principal. They had a really good online portal where you could see everything.

Recursos Humanos

Não tenho nada de ruim para falar da empresa. Tudo otimo!

Pros

Salario

Cons

Nada

Fun tech job

Love educating customers in store wish we could give actual product demos of the oculus quest 2. Was easy to sell such a fun product. Had to wait for access to the keys to unlock cabinet for customers but that wasn't a big problem because I moved so fast.

Pros

Bonuses for sales and attendance, cool retail environment

Cons

Only weekend work

Toxic Work-LIfe Balance and Endless Internal Politics.

Minuses:- Manager who micromanages work product, while exhorting me to bring my own ideas.- Any change from previous work is punished.- Invisible internal politics and friction between product and research stalls projects. - Constant emphasis on rush that causes misaligned projects. Pluses:- Pay is great. Contingent Worker / UX Research.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Mismatch between actions and stated culture

Great company, great people

Overall a great experience for you to learn and grow. People are supportive at best, and become lifelong friends. The negative media critic surrounding the company could be taxing at times, but leadership team is awesome and they are the nicest/having the best intention at heart.

Pros

compensation, culture, people

Cons

negative media cycle

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meta. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits