Nestlé USA

Nestlé USA Employee Reviews for Forklift Operator

Forklift Operator56 reviews

Found 56 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,930 reviews

get rewarded.

load and unload trailers all day. inspect for any defects. pick product by hand if needed. a lot of overtime and long hours. great pay and co workers as well.

What is the best part of working at the company?The people and management What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The freezer What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Warehouse What is a typical day like for you at the company?Load unload trucks pick orders

Excellent pay/Too much force overtime

Nestle is a good place to work if a person desire excellent pay and benefits. However, I wouldn't tell anyone to apply because human resources will tell a person bunch of lies. They will tell people that they would work 4 & 3 rotating shift which is true and will give a person their work schedule for a whole year. Now that's how they get you, but what they fail to mention is that you will be forced to work overtime without a person knowledge.

Pros

Free cases of water

Cons

Too much forced overtime without a person knowledge.

Very energetic

I loved this job, but the only downside to jobs like this is the work life balance.. you never know what time your getting off, or what day you will be mandatory to come in on off days

Pros

Pay

Cons

Work life balance

Updated review

Starting out, it was horrible. But management has tried to be more people friendly. They still have a ways to go but it is improving. It’s food so expect strict rules and follow them. Benefits are good, used to be better but still good. They take off a benefit every year. Pretty sure it’s all about cost savings but that’s not the signal it sends. Budgets should go up for the employee benefits not down. Write ups used to be the norm. But not so much anymore. Lots of good people a few who look for any opportunities to claim race or other discrimination against management. Has them tiptoe constantly. Hours suck regardless of shift. Good people to work with most of the time. High turnover but getting better. I think we’re headed in the right direction. overall not the worst or the best. But good. It’s not for everyone but most will do alright here.

I am a hardworking person

I worked hard but the factory did not value the work .They wanted a flattering man. But I was proud of my work. And high management fired me for doing politics. I love you so much . I gave a significant portion of my life to the factory. I am very upset and sad.

Fast pace, heavy lifting, yet easy. Must have forklift experience and be able to move and park delivery trucks

At first it wore me out, but by week 3 I had it all down and enjoyed my job and was good at it. Upper management was great, loved the benefits ( insurance, PTO, clothing compensation, company discounts. My only hold back ( witch led me to leave) was my direct supervisor. He was hardly ever there and only communicated via text messages. When he was there, he was completely out of the loop and made things very difficult for all night shift warehouse employees. Aside from that, I loved my job, was great at it, overtime was good when needed ( often weekends were mandatory. Boo). With proper warehouse management, decent work ethic and being able to think a little, I would recommend this job to anyone who was physically capable.

Not what it used to be.

When I first started in 2014 it felt like home. Everyone helped everyone. Management cared about it’s employees. Our DC was top of the network. Fast forward 7 years. Employee morale is low. There is no communication. It’s not a bad place to work if management was better.

the money

can be great position, but have watch out for older employees. can be hazardous with all products. be safe when drive Forklift and around corners. Don't over work, but be efficient and steady.

What a joke for a large company

Most companies this size are offering 2 to 3 weeks vacation coming in the door instead of a week your going to work 12 hours daily no work life balance always getting mandated there banking everything on cookie dough

Pros

Pay good 30 minute breaks

Cons

No work life balance at all 72 hour weeks

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nestlé USA?

Zero work life balance

Your six days a week ten hour shifts. They don’t properly train you. Your expected to know the job just because you have experience on the reach truck. The pay is alittle for the amount of work your doing. They make it hard to get in when they don’t offer much.

Pros

Free lunch and nesgear

Cons

Mandatory overtime

We are mandated a lot of overtime, some see this as a negative. I see this as more money to buy a house.

I was never laid off during the pandemic! I was paid more money per hour during the shut down, I was grateful to work and provide for my family. I worked a lot of overtime, and now have a brand new vehicle to show for it!

Cool place to work

Cool place to work. Helpful coworkers and staff. Clean work space good equipment for drivers. All if the supervisors are respectful and friendly. Lots of company perks.

Pros

Safe work space

Cons

Money was good:; changes were ruff

Nestle is a great company to work for ; I had experience from the North to the South;; I learned a lot about warehouse work and how essential it is ; It was a productive and fun work place

Productive and fun place to work

Everybody is very nice here. They treat you like family pretty much. But dont get me wrong u got to watch your ps and qs. I also love how they are very patience with you when there us training needed to be done.

Pros

Vending machaines

Cons

Short breaks

Blah

They fired me on my 4th day while I was at home for dropping a pallet. I didn’t damage anything. I was just working and accidentally dropped it. F them. There not loyal to you. That’s why every week they have hiring events. Unstable job

Pros

Cons

You get 2 20 minute breaks.

Great job opportunity

I loved this job and would very much like to work with this company again if giving the chance nice working atmosphere Very likeable staff team very helpful and supervisors are Very knowledgeable about products and very diligent and work and production.

Lay off

Nestle USA prepared food was a friendly environment place to work, they always take care of each associated. A very professional administration but the company has been moved to Kentucky....

Not very understanding

I have nothing harsh to say but for that location to be open only 3yrs and to keep going through employees is a reflection of the policy not just the type of people they are bringing in. And if that is an issue then they might want to rethink the employment placement company they are using. (Seeing they charge employees a placement fee even though they are contracted with Nestle.

Pays the bills

Turn over rate is extremely high for a reason. They do not treat the employees well. Special and preferential treatment runs rampant, if you are one of the lucky few to obtain that; you will never have to worry about a thing, if not, then good luck. The HR department is the worst I have ever had to deal with. They constantly mandatory 60+ hour work weeks with little regard to employees life outside of work.

Room to grow and learn.

Management encourages growth and advancement. Fair treatment of all employees. Good work and life balance. Fair open door policy. Disputes are handled quickly and in a timely manner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nestlé USA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Nestlé USA
  • Forklift Operator
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?