Nestlé USA

Nestlé USA Employee Reviews for Handler

Handler60 reviews

Found 60 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,930 reviews

Labor and pay

Very intense physical work but pay is good it allDepends on the individual just be prepared to work each line is different can move up just need toKnowThe right person

great job

I like this job it's good. The only bad part is that they only tell you everything during training week like what if you'll be working 8 hours or 10, where the time clock is at how to view your paystubs online and what area production or wearhouse. The whole 9 yards. The culture is great the pay is great I'm getting paid 24 an hour as an entry level position (no college degree required) on second shift as an ingredient handler. Hours vary on second shift. It's non-union but who needs to pay those guys anyway? I know the union can save your back from getting fired from your job but still. They have 9 full plaques of the people who've been there for 25 years and their going on their tenth. They're a hundred years old this year or last I don't know which one. They have a thrift store where anyone can shop at and employees get money off also. They have perks also I don't know what those are but. Then they have an LSA account where you can buy a memory from mattress or anything you want. People bought snowblowers through the LSA. LSA is part of the health benefits through Nestle.

What is the best part of working at the company?Laid back and pretty good payWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Everything is easy so there's nothing stressfulWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Climate controlledWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Easy money

Nothing it's just like being in High School Drama

There is no communication between employees. Management and line leads suck!!! You move from line to line not even told how to do the job. Only the people who been there a long time gets all there hours others get sent home barley getting 30hrs. Orientation was not helpful at all it was rushed only two person follows through with new employees. The other one doesn't even help guide you after Orientation is over just throw you to the wolves. The lines break down every other day so there's no work. There is a lot of favoritism. I use to eat stouffers food but since working there and see the process never! Everybody talking about the pay is good but how can it be good when your not getting 40hrs every week. Who can live off of 10-25 per week. A big joke!

Pros

Cons

None Just a job!

Good place to work good people working there management is ok and they have chefs there that cooks for the whole plantThey are a little strict about there rules

What is the best part of working at the company?The best part for me right now is getting all the experience on different lines from meatloaf and mash potatoes to mac and cheese and you can definitely grow with the company. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Working different shifts is the most stressful part but it's not to bad.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It's a mixed culture of many kind for the most part the people are nice.What is a typical day like for you at the company?As long as I have continued work my day go by fast.

Run away !

Please heed advice: run away fast! Don't fall for the great rate of pay promised, as you will never earn it, when constantly being sent home daily, being told "there's too many people " and "not enough work ". HR here is an absolute joke!!!! When you reach out to them you're told "we don't have to give you 40 hours". In fact...consider yourself lucky if you get 30 hours! Favoritism with a capital F at Nestle, Solon, OH!!!! The "special" folks get to stay and earn a paycheck. The rest...good luck!!!

It’s never a good day

Management is HORRIBLE!! No Communication at all!! Operators are the bosses and they lie. Plant manager barely comes too the floor. Machines run bad..

Pros

Off work for everything

Cons

Replacement, shifts too early, no teamwork

Management ruins the job.

The pay and benefits are great. Some really great people work there. But management is so bad and has hr backing them. You are always working with overtime.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Management and work life balance.

Pay is great! But not enough for me to stay here :/

I loved working here until I found out a bunch of bologna happened around here. It’s a good job not going to lie. if you want something secure and are able to work everyday! And benefits are good. I give it a 7/10.

Pros

Pay rate, able to switch shifts when available

Cons

Write ups, point system, mandatory hours and don’t tell you, day to day scheduling, working every other weekend

productive place to work in the area. nice money; doesn’t take long at all to reach top pay but once you do you’re stuck there for awhile. shift differentials come in handy, especially working 3rd. management is okay, depends on who you’re under.

Nice place to work

It's a easy job with great pay and benefits. It's has it's ups and downs like any other job. The workers are ok most of the time that helps time go by. Management can be a issue at times.

Pros

Great benefits and pay

Cons

Management depending on which supervisor your dealing with

Great company

Great company to work for! I’ve had a great experience thus far. My manager really wants me to develop and grow within the company. Not many places like this

Pros

Cons

Cafe

Workers are cool management is biased

Very diverse environment, everyone there has a brain but all don’t use it . Which in most cases call for unneeded/unnecessary changes. Diversity in building causes a high school environment/drama. Also if you are not A Direct Hire I wouldn’t even wasteMyTime. Your welcomeThankMe later

Pros

Non really

Cons

Management employees pay

Not bad

Not a bad place to work. Really enjoyed the people I worked with. The different jobs we did also helped to pass the time, but I was an ingredient handler.

Terrible supervisors

Favoritisms is the word for this establishment..... You new and mess up no problem you make a mistake and you are fired big time no question about anything out the door.

One of the worse places I ever worked

Management and HR is the worse I ever worked under at any job in my 25+ years of working. Employee morale is very low. The good work culture they once had is long gone. Lacks the proper equipment to make your job successful. Machines are constantly falling apart and not properly cleaned most times. Supervisors cut corners and look the other way everyday just to make production ticket. Iflovyoursel

Pros

Employment and minimal benefits

Cons

Your family members might have to eat food from this place one day..Pray that they don't

N/a

I loved my time at nestle. The environment was great the upper management the workers were great. The job can be a little hard but for the most part it was a very easy job.

N/a

Stressful conditions with very poor management and HR will not help you when problems arise and they show favoritism and they have a poor system didn’t

Decent

This job was not bad when i started but a managment change occurred and we didnt see eye to eye on hardly anything. And they started a third shift that extremly limted the cleaning and when i brought to there attention thay my toold and thing werent clean i was ignored

N/a

It’s not any consistency in hours, management or your job. The support techs abuse there positions and the management don’t do there job well either. It is pretty much about who you know to what you get away with and that isn’t fair.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nestlé USA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Nestlé USA
  • Handler
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?