Nestlé USA

Nestlé USA Employee Reviews for Ice Cream Maker

Ice Cream Maker47 reviews

Found 47 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,930 reviews

The company was good to work for in general.

The management style and how some of the managers were handling their teams was not always the best or most conducive to a positive work place experience.

Constant mandatory overtime, management completely out of touch

Horrible place to work. Management can completely bungle everything and be rewarded, while the production workers are forced to work way too many hours and then receive write ups for inevitable mistakes that will happen to overworked and underpaid employees.The 50 cent shift differential for night shift is laughable.It's really sad how far the company has fallen since the buy out from Froneri. It's also sad how little management is willing to communicate with long time employees, even ones that they supposedly value.

Pros

Cons

Labor intensive, not much room for growth, poor communication

It was the ideal job back in the day when I first started. Now it's just okay.

Kind of upset about the pay cut being that I have been working here for almost 9 years . I was making close to 20$ per hour and when the new company came in I got bumped down to 17.25. Also there is a lot of favoritism going on through out management. Only a select few of supervisors who always let you know that your hard work is noticeable.

Benefits

Cons

Standing long hours

No life

Great benefits. No life. If you have a family not the job for you . If your single with no family and no life. This is the job for you. Good luck!!!!!

Benefits

Cons

No life

No advancement

I have been with the company for 6 years and there’s no room for advancement. Benefits are great, No work life balance and Management is poor. There’s is no union so employees are not protected. Management makes new policies every month that effect work life balance. Communication is poor between upper management and employees.

Worst job ever

They make it very difficult to get the job and when you get hired they treat you like a number. You don’t know what you’re going to be doing when you get there because the job title “ice cream maker” is used for everyone. I thought I would be learning how to make ice cream with real ingredients and Ect. Not making containers and running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Mandatory overtime was horrible!!!

Initially good, overall bad.

The work initially started out wonderful, but it quickly became a train wreck. They are quick to overlook any policy benefitting regular employees, but will enforce policies strictly that punish regular workers. Meetings are belittling, and breaks are often overlooked. Workload is overwhelming. Expect 72 hour work weeks, not 40. Workers will try to actively get you fired if they dislike you.

management

Its a nice environment to work and also the company has a good standard on work habits and accomplishments. Learned to manage and maintain machinery for production

Productive and Safety Oriented

Nestle’s main focus is on satisfying the consumers . The next best thing is the employees. To nestle it is important to make safe quality ice cream. In other words, we need to make ice cream in a safe work place and to reassure that the products quality is in order.

Pros

Bonuses and incentive pay quarterly

Cons

Short breaks for 12 hour shifts

Totally what you make it.

This job at times can be stressful at times but rewarding at the same time many times its whenever we have a new individual whom is not will to participate in whatever they have going on for us such as a new product or just new cleaning techniques which could seem like its demanding but this company has so many benefits apply if you like a job your required to understand sanitation and perform

Pros

Pays well

Cons

Your stuck on off shift for 10 years or longer hard on the body

Ice Cream Maker

As an ice cream maker, my job responsibilities included but were not limited to quality control, sanitation of all operation equipment, operation, and inventory of ingredient stock. Resolving minor mechanical issues, and operating of production line equipment.

Life at Nestle

it was good job before nestle took over now its all micro managed a lot of favoritism and picking the ppl they want to move up and promote even do u been here for years they will hire someone with no experience to do the jobs a lot of ppl are leaving specially a lot with senority that should tell new hires something if u want a job where u literally do the same thing everyday and get treated like u have no brain cells this is perfect job for u

Pros

health insurance (questionable)

Cons

Micro managing, favoritism, mandate, 12hr shift, no job growth

productive

I have learned how to be a great leader,and absolutely understand that team work is very important. I like to work in a fast pace environment..I also learned how to follow all safety rules at my work place,communicating with co workers is very fun

Good experience overall

I just started here at Nestle about 4 months ago. Good and hard workers tend to be recognized here. I like the environment a lot. Very diverse workforce. Great benefits. The only unpredictable thing that I dislike is the constant changes to our work schedule in which is based of business needs, especially during non-peak times for selling ice cream (winter/holiday time).

Pros

Benefits, Pay, other job opportunities

Cons

Unpredicable schedule, working in cold conditions

productive

a typical day at nestle is easy to hard depending on what position you are working i've learn alot about making ice cream that i've never new the management is ok you can ask them anything and they will answer it for you.

Pros

easy schedule

Cons

shoet breaks

I really miss working at nestle great place long as you strong person who speaks there mind in can take some strong words to get back on your job duties ...

Pros

Team members understand 15minutes arent enough

Cons

You can order out for lunch

I feel like if you work hard you will advance

I work here before had good experience I just couldn't deal with the hour I had to work(1:30 am - 2:30 pm).i was a flavor techican & filler operator plus I ran wrapper room too.

Pros

Good Benifits

Cons

Gets cold sometimes

N/a

It is busy and a lot of constant movement. Great pay. Management is bad with communication and it is hard to move across the platform. However the benefits and bonuses are good.

loved it

at nestle the hardest part is the quick pace depending on which line your placed at, beside that everything was excellent, great pay, I would definitely refer this job to a friend

Pros

pay

Cons

fast pace

The work is well organized

Effectively communicates expectations. Keeps meetings action oriented by task. Shares ideas and techniques. Encourage collaboration with the teams.

Pros

It pays in time

Cons

No inconvenience

Was fast and easy

This site was very helpful and easy to use when other site let you do it run around and end up having to pay at the end. I was recommended and would definitely recommend it anyone else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nestlé USA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits