Nestlé USA

Nestlé USA Employee Reviews for Machine Operator

Machine Operator82 reviews

Found 82 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,930 reviews

Decent pay for fairly easy work

Typical factory job. Management wants more, more, more done faster. Yet they preach safety. Safety until it impedes getting things done faster. You must stick up for yourself. Refuse shortcuts. Do your best. Most people are nice.

No work life balance

It's a business . Your a body not a person . New management with very poor decisions being made and way to much favoritism going on with supervisor and hourly employees

Pros

Good pay

Cons

To much favoritism

Fast paced

Very fast paced. 12hrs days. Good management. Sometimes they provided free lunch. The hardest part of the job was keeping the machine running without bottle jams. Some coworks were nice and helpful.

Bad management and favoritism is all over the factory

Do not recommend nestle to anyone I'm in the process of leaving now I've never worked for a place that was so bad at employee to employer communications

Good and conducive environment

I like my job and work place ..its fun working in a good stable condition. With good people around makes work feel good ...there lots of safety measures to

Pros

End of year parties and special gathering

Cons

Good insurance

Good pay and benefits

Overall Nestle is a great company to work for. If you don't mind working long hours you can make alot of money. The benefits are really good and management is usually fair and they will support you if you just try to do your best.

Overall bad place to work

Poor management skills, always the employees fault. Overall high school drama with all employees .. poor productivity, no advancement .. machine break downs all departments

Work/life balance?

Not a good place to work if you have a personal life, or kids. Absolutely no work/life balance. They will mandate you to stay late at the last minute. Or come in on your days off. Don't try to make plans, EVER. 7 day schedule and constant mandating leaves no time for anything else

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

Management, schedule, non-existent training

Fast pace and enjoyable

Pay is great. 12 hr shifts rotate days off. Only work 1/2 the year. So plenty of time with friends and family. Great benefits. Nestle is like one big family.

I really liked this job. The biggest drawback is that you don't get permanent contracts, only temporary and you work for the company for half a year and the other half you are fired to the agency, which makes you feel like garbage. of course I promise that you will get the contract permanently but after 2 years I don't believe it anymore.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Fix term contract

Hard laborious work that keeps you running all day long.

The compensation and benefits are good, but you will literally work your but off. Exhausting work may be good for younger workers who are in good health and halfway decent shape.

Pros

Keeps you going and the management is halfway decent.

Cons

No work life balance

Work schedule is horrible

You can never kno when your gonna get mandated on your day off. And when you plan to do something on your day off. Your schedule to work on your day off.

No way to plan life

Management is terrible. Regular mandating. Only okay thing is the health insurance, but you barely get time to use it anyway. Schedules are not done in a timely manner to plan your life on your off days.

Good pay, horrible hours

I worked in the Burlington factory. They had the union involved so anytime a problem came up(last minute overtime, incorrect schedule, etc) they would say their hands are tied. This factory is run by the older generation that has ‘started there 27 years ago’. The supervisors are literally laughed at in our meetings. The turnover rate for new hires at this factory was at 50% when I went on my maternity leave and never went back. There is no way to maintain a healthy work/home life because they were literally mandating people 5 MINUTES BEFORE THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO LEAVE. Your only options at this point are stay the extra 4 hours or you can ‘take a point’ you only get 3 points and they fire you. When management is asked if there was a call in they say no but that it actually been understaffed on the schedule for DAYS and despite many team members telling them about it, they decided to ignore it until last minute. This company is run on the seniority rule. So I suppose once you’ve been there for 20+ years you don’t have to come in early and stay late but good luck getting that far working MANDATORY 72hour weeks.

Pros

Good pay, some nice people

Cons

Poor leadership, horrible work/life balance

It’s Good

It’s a good job with decent pay and decent work life and regular outside life. Depending on your position you will most likely have a lot of free time.

Great people more of a family like environment for most areas

Loved my job there had great friends but in certain areas the job is hard and very frustrating. Line five packaging was horrible always breaking down. Get ready to blow your back out if you carton load on five.

Pros

Good pay and easy advancement

Cons

Mangers and supervisors don’t care

Work 7 days straight for straight time

You work 7 days straight for straight time,days off in middle of the week .Work 3 weekends a month for straight time it’s a joke to work here . HR is the worst that I ever had to deal with 8 years there and just a waste of my time.They can force u to use 2 weeks of your vacation any time they want u too.

Cons

No life/no time/ no weekends home

Pay is good management was poor.

Management liked to play favorites, always blamed people for stuff that was seemingly out of their control. Pay was really good and the hours where not bad either.

Job Life Management suck

Many of my days off I would get mandatoried and writen up if I didn’t show up. Schedule start time is very inconsistent and you don’t know your schedule till the day before.

Ok place to work

Nestle is easy going with great pay. But the supervisor picks and choose who to let slide with stuff and who to be hard on. They will cheat u out of your overtime hours .

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Hours dont match up with pay checks

The people is what makes you stay

Decent place to work at, long hours but no rotation shift, people are nice and you can always work your way up if you're a brown nose. Overall its a decent place

Pros

Free pizza in break, quarterly bonuses, decent pay

Cons

Lots of Ot during fall and winter time, alot of favortism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nestlé USA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits