Schlumberger logo

Schlumberger Employee Reviews for Field Engineer

Work-Life Balance

Found 3 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,324 reviews

Dangerous workplace

Working as a field specialist/field engineer of wireline in Schlumberger is not an easy task.We were forced to work under pressure and dangerous work place. good communication skill is required as a front liner in the company.

Productive and high pressure working place

Tough work condition which require accurate and precise action in each high risk job. Really good place to learn technical skill, working under pressure and leadership to make decision in limited time.

Incredible place to learn and make a career.

Everyone involved in the oil and gas industry has an idea how tough is to work for Schlumberger (SLB), that's why SLB only hires (mostly) top notch people from the best universities in each country. All the people who is or were working for SLB is widely recognized, and the company itself is regarded as an excellent school (personal and academically) for those entering the oil and gas industry since you have responsibilities as soon as you join the team. The stress levels are sky high, but that feeling of had done a good job cannot be compared. There is a slogan very well known in the industry, work hard, play harder, and this applies perfectly to SLB lifestyle, especially when your colleagues are form around the world. If I had the chance to go back and apply to this company again, certainly I would do. I would never change my experience here for anything else.

Pros

Good remuneration, excellent health packages, expat much better than home country in most countries, company sponsor visas.

Cons

Stress and more stress, but it can be managed. Is a services company, you have to be ready 24/7.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Schlumberger?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schlumberger. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9K