WithumSmith+Brown

WithumSmith+Brown Employee Reviews

Decent place to work but not challenging enough

Somewhat mundane. It's easy to get by but would appreciate more challenging tasks. Homegrown people are valued over experienced hires. Many people bash big 4 hires. Overall very nice people and forward thinking but extremely boring work.

Pros

Decent pay and benefits, inclusive and open minded people

Cons

Need to be famous to get promoted

Admin

I love working here. The team I am managed under always supports their team. Great work life balance. Option to work remotely and great team bonding activities.

Great place to work and grow your career!

Great place to work and grow your career! Management is very personable, knowledgeable, and want to see you succeed. I Would recommend to anyone looking to better themselves professionally.

Pros

Awesome place to work!

Cons

Accounting firm that cares VERY little about their IT department. No support from IT management and has no respect at all for life outside of work.

All IT interns beware of job postings for open positions in the Red Bank office specifically. You will get paid a terrible wage and be expected of you to work during vacations, holidays, and PTO days(that frequently get denied by the IT Manager). The firm as a whole is decent for accountants, but if you're looking for an IT role, STAY CLEAR! Management has no clue how to run a department which is why everyone is trying to leave. I'd say the enjoyable part about the job is that the firm often does fun events... ONLY THE IT DEPARTMENT IS RARELY EVER INCLUDED. There is no career advancement and the IT manager will lie to your face on multiple occasions and promise opportunities that will never come. This department relies too heavily on interns and will keep you on as an intern for 6+ months to prevent them from paying a decent salary. If you want to work weekends during busy season while also needing to work on holiday breaks where the rest of the firm has off, this place is for you. If not, save yourself some time and stress and look elsewhere.

Pros

Cons

Poor Management, Poor working conditions, poor wages

Management is non existent

For a new employee feels like sink or swim. They have many systems in place making it very difficult to master. Not all senior accounts follow the same protocols making it confusing. Your at the mercy of fellow admins for any directional assistance the department is “ clicky” better hope they like you. Many free lunches and company gifts. Feels more like some sort cult.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No department management.

Great firm with wonderful people. Lots of hours

Great place to work. Really great people who invest in you learning. Flexible on hours and location (but still a lot of hours). Great culture, and the company does a lot in terms of free lunches, or dinners during peak times. Management listens and does their best to help. However, it is a corporate structure, so some things just will not change. It is public accounting, hours are no joke. While its not big 4 hours, its still a lot in my opinion. Off season is still over 40 most weeks.Overall, I enjoyed my experience and do not regret it one bit.

Pros

Great people and culture

Cons

Long hours during busy season. Even non-busy season isn't a straight 40 most of the time

Decent

It is public accounting. Work life balance is a myth. You can find good people. Many hard-working and intelligent coworkers. Explosive growth but did not maintain structure to support fully. Some amazing managers and partners.

Worst place I have ever worked at

I will be honest, I still don't know if the problem was me (might be), but this was a horrible experience. They had me jumping from one niche to another and that was an issue as I had no experience in Audit accounting. I would learn one niche this week and the following week I would have to forget that and learn a different niche. I have ADD, so I need repetition to be efficient and I did not have that there. Again, this might be more my issue than Withum's issue. Culture was also a problem, I'm a people's person and love and I'm loved almost everywhere I work; however, at Withum this was also a challenge. In the Orlando office there is this atmosphere of cut throat competition. In order for you to fit in, you have to find or establish "your little gang".... trust me, I never seen anything like this before.

Pros

Good pay, great benefits, cpa exam reimbursement, free food during tax season, awesome office, travel (if you into that)

Cons

Cut throat competition, long working hrs during busy season (normal with CPA firms)

No variety of work and micro-management

Its a start-up with less variety of work with lost of micro-management . I feel like I am going to a college rather than a corporate office. Lot of commitment was done initially to the employees joining over there but failed to fulfill any of those.

Great place to work to get your career started in accounting

Great team to join to get your career started in accounting. The culture is great, however, public accounting is a demanding profession so you must be prepared to face that reality. There is some flexibility with work hours during the week as long as client needs take top priority.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at WithumSmith+Brown?

Tries to be fun and hip but extreme company culture

The hardest part about the job is not the work. It really is the office politics. They make you work extreme hours but bring in catered lunches to make you feel better. There's an unspoken rule about minimum work hours as well.

Pros

free lunches and parties

Cons

unspoken overtime, less family/work life balance

Excellent work environment!

Overall a great place to work. Sure there's a "crunch time" but you'll be compensated and appreciated for it. Flexible work hours. Great communication between management and employees.

Withum is a very productive, fun place to start and end your career.

WithumSmith+Brown, PC is a wonderful place to work. Management and Culture are second to none. It was a challenge everyday which made it most rewarding. One of the most enjoyable parts of my job were the interaction with people, i.e. client and employees. I would recommend employment to anyone interested in the accounting field.

Excellen company to work for.

Great benefits. Great people to work with. Management is pretty flexible and laid back. Work life balance is amazing. Withum is by far one of the best employers I have worked for.

n/a

the company was a good experience in terms of getting a good sense of how clients with large partnerships operates. The firm offered me great support in that regard.

DC Office - Great People

The people at the DC Office were the best part of the job. Working and traveling with teams to fun locations (NYC, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago). Many challenging and high-profile clients.

N/a

There are many perks that Withum offers. Overall enjoyed worked there. I didn't like the direction the upper management was going which is why I left.

Staff accountant

long hours during tax season but slow during summer. Friendly and helpful staff. Pay is comparable and good benefits. There are staffing issues and assignment of work is not the best

Productive and excellent work environment

Withum is a wonderful place to work! Employees work as a group which puts them in a position of strength. Even though it is a high stress environment, working at Withum was always a pleasure.

Good place to start accounting career

Withum promotes flexible working hours. Great work/life balance. Its a great place to begin your accounting career and learn at your own pace. Must be a self starter to thrive. Small firm, turnover is high.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

High turnover

Experience

Overall, a very good employer to work for. Management does a good job in creating a positive workplace culture for its staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is serving the clients and assist them in their missions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WithumSmith+Brown. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits